No announcement yet.

Power windows not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure it's a box and they didn't have those.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Diagram shows g1303 inside Lh front door,near control switch
      G403 behind Lh center of I/P on ground bus
      Do you have picture of the ground
      Attached Files

Comment

No. I don't have the 88 any more to get that pic either. There may be enough of a difference between 88 and earlier cars that the body contact for the grounds may be in a different spot. I do know that my former 88, 93, 2000 and even my 03 Expedition have ground points where local accessories are grounded in that location, so I'm pretty sure yours should have a ground point to the body there too. I think the 82 Mark VI I had also has a ground point there. Should be about an inch from the door jamb, behind the kick panel, either down near the carpet or about 2/3 the way up to the dash IIRC. Basically look for wire(s) with a ring terminal that's bolted to the body.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Ok I’ll look and my wagon is a 1987 forgot to mention that

Comment

Was under dash tracing grounds and found this connector with plastic cover what’s this for
            Attached Files

Comment

That's a new one on me. Haven't seen that one before.

Comment

FSPVM

Federal Suspicious Person Vehicle Monitor

Last edited by jaywish; 08-10-2022, 09:54 AM.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Does it have connectors for a tripminder?
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I don’t know i did unhook all Cruise control stuff

Comment

Would be interesting to track all the wires coming and going into that connector to see where they came from and where they are going. I do seem to remember a connector similar to that having wires/s for a part of the tripminder harness. But then, I'm old so there is that!
                      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Tripminder harness has those funky clear covers in that location for certain years.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Got driver’s window working took all related connectors apart and sanded contacts.while I was doing so I came across one relay I couldn’t identify the brown connector relay any one know it’s on passenger side
                          Attached Files

Comment

The brown one is probably the autolamp relay. Check for a soldered wire on that metal hanger. DO NOT REMOVE THE HANGER FROM THE RELAY if it is soldered to a wire. That will break the relay. That's the ground for the coil. These are completely unobtanium. They are dual pole dual throw and technically 6 pin relays.

If it doesn't have the wire soldered to the clip, then I've got no clue what it is for. But I'm pretty sure that's the autolamp relay.

Comment

I don’t have that auto light option on my car could’ve it been just installed just in case an ad on auto lamp

Comment

Check the relay for that soldered wire. If it doesn't have it, it's not the autolamp relay. That's the ONLY "6-pin" relay in the car. The rest are the usual 4/5 pin relays. If it doesn't have the wire out the back soldered to the clip, then I dunno what it's for.

Comment

Working...
                                X