No announcement yet.

'86 MGM........12 volt for dummies;-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thain I have to see if i can find it!........why would it light, but not the LED replacement?
    The LED does work in the trunk socket
    Last edited by Toploader; 08-06-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

just making sure you don't have a defective bulb. Having spent too much time chasing things like this I like to rule out the simple first.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok well the bulb is good, any suggestion as to getting a new single bayonet socket that I can splice onto the old wire?

Comment

I feel like those sockets are readily available, very common. Maybe take your old one to a parts store and try and match it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
            Tom mine is a single contact bayonet bulb socket. Look on your 87 should look like my '86.
            My 83 MGM has the optional retractable under hood light.
            I did find a used under hood light in the spare parts. Put a new bulb in it and verified the light assembly to be good. Same connector as yours. Length of wire from back of socket to end of connector is 36 " long
            I will send you a pm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4393.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	1290562Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4394.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1290563

Comment

Tom this is exactly what I have!
              If you can clean up the socket and plug I should be good to go!

Comment

I just cleaned it up a bit. It has been in the parts bin for many years. Glad it is the right one for you.

Comment

Working...
                X