Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing just the glass on an 03 pass. side mirror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing just the glass on an 03 pass. side mirror?

Wife called to inform me that she clipped a mailbox coming through my friends neighborhood tonight. Luckily the housing itself is fine but when it folded in there was enough force to crack the mirror glass and knock it out of the housing. She was able to snap it back into place. It's not loose and the power adjustment still works fine but the glass is cracked.

1. Is there a way to get a Ford replacement mirror glass for this or do I have to replace the entire assembly? This is a power adjust AND heated mirror

2. If it's possible, anyone happen to have a Ford part # handy that I can search around for?
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

I'm seeing the glass only listed as 1W7Z17K707AA.

EBay has an OEM https://www.ebay.com/itm/28368970247...mis&media=COPY
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Go to a auto glass shop and they can replace just the glass very quickly. Aftermarket glass is also available on line.

Comment

Thank you guys, appreciate it. Part # noted for future reference. Hopefully this will be the last time the "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" theory is tested
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Working...
        X