460 injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

460 injectors?

Got told by a mustang guy that 460 injectors fit on our cars due to the ev1 connection. Can anyone confirm? About to buy some from eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by dan View Post
    Got told by a mustang guy that 460 injectors fit on our cars due to the ev1 connection. Can anyone confirm? About to buy some from eBay

Are you needing just a specific rate? Ford used the EV1 injector on many engines, just with different rates.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I think the 460 injectors were 24# blues. Physically they fit, but unless you tune the ECM it won't work right. I don't know exactly what you're trying to do so I can't tell you if they will actually work for you.

but yes there are a lot of EV1 injectors that physically fit, but not all of them have the right spray pattern or flow rate to actually function.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looking for some 24/25lb injectors. Asking because I got a stand alone computer and getting car ready for some boost in the next year or so. Plus at this point and time the sd computer doesn’t like the intake and slightly bigger cam. Right now it idles at 1100 when warmed up and 900 in gear. Also shuts off when trying to drive when it’s cold.

Comment

Mark VIIIs have the #24 injectors too, there’s a few other applications that used them.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Found some 25lb on eBay for like 50$, just wanted to confirm that I could physically put them on lol. I didn’t want to spend $300 on some mustang specific ones

Comment

if you're looking for boost, 24# isn't going to be enough. Mine gets fairly close to 100% duty cycle at full throttle and thats N/A with iron heads.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                if you're looking for boost, 24# isn't going to be enough. Mine gets fairly close to 100% duty cycle at full throttle and thats N/A with iron heads.
                That’s interesting, how big do you suggest I go?

Comment

There is some large size Seimens (I think) that are supposed to have excellent control even down to small duty cycles. 86VickyLX could tell you which specific ones he's using on his car, but they're supposed to be pretty excellent.

Comment

Working...
                  X