Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts exchange

Hi all,
    Unfortunately I had to retire my 95 Lincoln Town Car. My question is, can I take parts of this car and use them on my 98 Grand Marquis? Both have the 4.6l engine.
    I also have brand-new exhaust manifolds for a 2004 Grand Marquis, will they fit on the 98 Grand Marquis? Again same engine.
    And I want to take the AC parts off the Lincoln and put that on my 1988 Lincoln Town Car, will that work? The 88 has a 5.0l engine though....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Depends what parts you want to use as there were changes over the years.
    Exhaust manifolds won't fit.
    AC Parts won't fit.

Comment

2004 is actually a different engine. It's an upgraded version of the 93-00 engine. Same displacement, but very subtle differences that parts don't fit quite right. There's also other accessory issues on each engine as well as the years roll by.

Parts from the 95 to the 98... not a lot. There's a few bits here and there, but mostly, nothing crosses over. Major change years are 89-90 (box changes being made to make aero production easier - floor pan, dash), 91-92 (transition from box to aero), 94-95 (mainly interior, rear exterior, and engine intake changes), 97-98 (transition from aero to whale - rear axle mounts differently), 00-01 (upgraded engine), 02-03 (Front subframe design changes).

+1 AC parts won't fit a box.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

you might be able to make the condenser fit. Maybe. Pretty much none of the rest of it drops in though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That would take some fab work... cutting off the brackets on the 95 condenser and notching the left side ... if the coils don't take up that location. The Aero condenser is also 1.25 inches taller and may not actually fit in the hole in the box. The line fittings are the same though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks alot for your answers. Quite frankly, that sux. I have so many new parts and nothing fits.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
            1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
            1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
            1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
            2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
            1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
            X