Cel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cel

I forgot to plug my mass air sensor all the way in yesterday morning when I went to work. I had it unplugged a little so I wouldn't pull the wires in case I jostled the tube. Just as I was exiting the parkway on my way home; the CEL and the wrench light came on and the car just limped home (didn't have too far to go). I know that the wrench light is BAD and the result is the limp mode. I got home and discovered my mistake. Plugged the mass air sensor back in (fell out) and the wrench went away; but the CEL still remains. I drove the car to the mechanic to have that one stud (with the galled nut) removed and noticed power was restored. Before leaving the house, I pulled codes P0101, P0102, and P0113. They all have to do with the mass air sensor and ACT. The status for each of those codes says "PENDING". Since the car is running normally, my questions are; will the CEL go away by itself? Do I need to erase the codes to get the CEL off? Or do I need to take some other action?

Not certain how many cycles are required for those CEL's to stop but they should go away on their own, as long as the causing issue is fixed. Of course, you could short cut the process by having them erased (which if you have even a cheapie code reader you could do yourself).
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

They will go away after a few more cycles, but clearing the codes (if you have a reader) will do it faster.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks guys I will erase the codes when I get my car back from the mechanic. I have the scanner I bought for my Aunt's Saturn to use on our OBD2 vehicles

Comment

Working...
        X