Rust Free Body Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust Free Body Parts

LTB Rust free: Hood, Driver and passenger doors, trunk. Going to get the car painted next year.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

This is for a 1982 Ford LTD S Four door model.

the LTD S part is irrelevant but just mentioning the vehicle.

The hood needs to be from a 79 to 87 Crown Victoria as well as the trunk.

The doors you can get creative with depending on how much extra work one wants to do because of various trim differences between models and years of Crown Vics and Grand Marquis.

Good luck Phil!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A door skin....if this may help: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254412090926

I see that it is advertised as 87 to 91 but I believe it would work for you.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hood
        Ford LTD MNT GRN,GOOD STOCK# 12353015 000 A
        0 12353 $90
        actual Sibum's Auto Parts, Inc. USA-PA(East-Stroudsburg) Request_Quote 1-570-421-3086 Request_Insurance_Quote
        Live Chat 73

Hood
        Ford Country Squire (Crown Vic) 000 A
        0 CT117 $Call Cartel Auto Parts-ELITE USA-PA(Philadelphia) Request_Quote 215-492-0600 / 888-891-7078 Request_Insurance_Quote
        Live Chat 97

Hood
        Ford LTD 000 A
        0 6F0497 $50
        actual #1 Morgan Highway Auto Parts USA-PA(Scranton) Request_Quote 1-800-648-1441 Request_Insurance_Quote
        Live Chat 107
        ~David~

Comment

Trunk lid:

Lid/Gate Assembly
          Ford LTD 000 A
          0 6F0497 $100
          actual #1 Morgan Highway Auto Parts USA-PA(Scranton) Request_Quote 1-800-648-1441 Request_Insurance_Quote
          Live Chat 107

Lid/Gate Assembly
          Ford Crown Vic w/o Pwr Latch-RED,CLEAN,W/KEY 000 A
          0 59600 $125
          actual Kazanjian's Used Parts USA-MA(Lowell) Request_Quote 1-978-970-4900 / 1-800-648-0034 Request_Insurance_Quote
          Live Chat 180

All from:https://www.car-part.com/
          ~David~

Comment

Thanks David! I'll have to check them out... heavily considering that door skin
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Crash book shows the same part # for the door skin, 79-91. I have a nice hood with a tiny bit of surface rust on the left underside.
              $100. WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                Thanks David! I'll have to check them out... heavily considering that door skin
                Yeah...maybe you can even pick it up in person. In Connecticut like Pete!

I see that one place I posted has both the hood and trunk lid. I did not search for doors so who know. May be able to get the whole shebang in one stop?

There were also more listing but I just posted what was closest to my area....
                ~David~

Comment

Crash book shows the same part # for the door skin, 79-91. I have a nice hood with a tiny bit of surface rust on the left underside.
                  $100. WagonMan
                  I appreciate it-im going to check out some of those junkyards (make a weekend out of it) and see if i can find everything in one go, but if not i'm certainly interested! My hood only has one small rust spot coming through it, but finding rust free stuff is a lot easier than fixing rusted parts
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I got more pictures of that green car and put a deposit down on 3 doors, they are in great shape. the hood and trunk lid...not so much. I'm going to repair my current hood and try a little rust remediation. it really isn't in bad shape.

Basically just looking for a trunk lid at this point
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I got more pictures of that green car and put a deposit down on 3 doors, they are in great shape. the hood and trunk lid...not so much. I'm going to repair my current hood and try a little rust remediation. it really isn't in bad shape.

Basically just looking for a trunk lid at this point. it looks like Morgan Highway has 4...I'll give them a try
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Picked up the 3 doors- also found a rust free hood at a local yard- upon closer inspection mine was worse than i thought

No luck on the trunk lid... it's the last piece of the puzzle
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Bump. tried just about every yard on car-part within a 350ish mile radius. Still looking for a rust free trunk lid
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

There's nothing on Row52.com near me. One 86 LTD in Houston at the U-Pull & Pay (no pics).
                            https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/2FABP43FXGX197658

Also one clean looking white 86 at a California yard.
                            https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/2FABP43F8GX120724

The other two on Row52 look really rough.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There is an 85 CV in Montgomery Alabama and a 87 in Fayetteville Georgia. I have a trip to New Orleans mid January and am planning numerous JY stops for parts. A trunk lid is on my list of things to get. If I get two I can drop one off on my way back to my shop in Jersey.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X