Gauge faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge faces

Are the gauge faces the same style from 1995-2005?
    Looking at some white overlays.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

other than the max speed referenced, yes. But if you're not using Marauder overlays, you should be fine. Just verify that the speedo tops out at the same place and all the included gauges at least look like yours. I think the only difference in the gauges themselves is the color of the needle. I know everything technically fits between 92 and 01 because my 93 can physically fit the gauges from an 01 cluster.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      other than the max speed referenced, yes. But if you're not using Marauder overlays, you should be fine. Just verify that the speedo tops out at the same place and all the included gauges at least look like yours. I think the only difference in the gauges themselves is the color of the needle. I know everything technically fits between 92 and 01 because my 93 can physically fit the gauges from an 01 cluster.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/38168476020...Bk9SR5qi86KCYQ
      So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

+1, I believe that will work back to '92 for CV, back to '95 for MGM as long as your speedometer also goes up to 120MPH like the picture in the ad.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

+1 as long as you have a 120MPH speedo, you're good. The original speedo in the 92-94 CVs I think was 85MPH for base/LX and 140 for Fleet/Police/HPP. Swap in a later speedo though and adjust the odo to match the original one and you're golden on those models. Kind of a PITA to adjust the odo though, so there's that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Forgot about the early Aeros still being 85 MPH speedos. In that case '95-'05 120 MPH should work with the overlays in that ebay listing.
            Looked it up on carsforsale.com and the first '92 I found had the 120 MPH cluster, so I kept looking because I was sure you were right and found a '93 with the 85 MPH speedo: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/89238224
            I was thinking you could just swap the odo, but I might be thinking of the '90-'91 CV ('90-'94 MGM) clusters which are super simple to swap the ODO on.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
            X