Been a While

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a While

Been a while figured I’d jump in and post see who’s still around.

I’m not in a Panther but some of you might appreciate this anyway. Back into a big black Ford (Lincoln).

Click image for larger version

Name:	6BCFEB0B-96F7-40ED-9B28-C4C38DF2112E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	1306052
    Attached Files
    Last edited by torquelover; 10-26-2022, 09:28 AM.

Welcome back!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Welcome back

GMN is still allowing me to hang around............

Comment

Nice. What class Continental is it?
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
          Nice. What class Continental is it?
          Its a Reserve trim. AWD 2.7 Ecoboost. Twin panel roof, Perfect Position 30-way heated/cooled/massaging seats, 20 wheels, Climate package.

Some more pics.

Name:	27AEE313-3768-445D-AC5D-7B05EB8335CD.jpeg
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	1290810

Name:	8D1BF693-BC40-4F20-8D2E-81A37DF364FD.jpeg
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	1290811

Ive got some better ones from the dealer I can dig up.
          Last edited by torquelover; 10-26-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Welcome back. Sweet ride.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Shiny.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome back! Nice Lincoln.
                Probably some new names around since you last visited, perhaps myself included.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Nice Lincoln !

Comment

Nice! Welcome back!

I feel like you don't see too many new Lincolns on the road these days.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                      Nice! Welcome back!

I feel like you don't see too many new Lincolns on the road these days.
                      Around me at least there are mostly Lincoln SUVs. I have only seen another Continental in the Chicago/O’Hare area as livery vehicles.

For that reason partially I didn’t want a black one but they’re hard to find in this trim level so black it was.

It’s nice seeing some familiar names and seeing your vehicles in your signatures. Still some Panthers around!

Comment

Well the Continental was dropped by ford along with all other , mustang excluded, cars a few years ago. It was what I was the most enamored with of Fords offerings. Was 2019 the last year of that generation?
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                          Well the Continental was dropped by ford along with all other , mustang excluded, cars a few years ago. It was what I was the most enamored with of Fords offerings. Was 2019 the last year of that generation?
                          They ran these 2017-2020 only. I have a late build 2017 so only a few first year hiccups so far.

Ford really screwed up dropping cars in North America. The new Fusion available everywhere else seems very nice.

Comment

I like the direction Lincoln has been going in the last five or so years, but sometimes they've made some strange choices. The tail lights on the Continental strike me as one of them. It also would've been nice to see one with the newer dash style. Still, it's a sharp looking car, and it must be quiet and comfortable.

Are you a Minnesotan? I grew up west of the Cities and remember visiting the U and Dinkytown occasionally. Haven't been back that way though since they tore down the McDonald's.
                            1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Originally posted by Lutrova View Post
                              I like the direction Lincoln has been going in the last five or so years, but sometimes they've made some strange choices. The tail lights on the Continental strike me as one of them. It also would've been nice to see one with the newer dash style. Still, it's a sharp looking car, and it must be quiet and comfortable.

Are you a Minnesotan? I grew up west of the Cities and remember visiting the U and Dinkytown occasionally. Haven't been back that way though since they tore down the McDonald's.
                              Yes a refreshed Conti would be awesome. I’m native to the SW Chicago suburb area but now live near the cities.

It is fairly comfy and quiet. It is my winter “beater”.

Comment

Working...
                              X