Site is broken, but is functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site is broken, but is functional

The server host has moved beyond the capabilities of this forum software. We are working on a solution. We have no clue how long it will take though.

Things that are broken that I know of so far:
    Shoutbox
    Edit button doesn't work
    every post is doubled except the start of a thread.

I suspect we will find many more things that don't work as we keep trying to use the forum.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Seems it doesn't always double the post. I guess longer posts seem to trigger this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It seems like a lot of hosts must have had a forced upgrade of the min PHP version recently. I noticed a bunch of PHP boards I visit had to fight through doing an upgrade to a newer version of the message board software.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Thank you for getting it working again, even if it is wounded.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Let us be upgraded. I missed this place yesterday.

Hard to find people like you all. I feel like we could hang out in real life and actually have enjoyable things to talk about.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I do greatly appreciate this place and all who appreciate these beasts.
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              Let us be upgraded. I missed this place yesterday.

Hard to find people like you all. I feel like we could hang out in real life and actually have enjoyable things to talk about.
              +1

Rest assured, a solution is being brewed up behind the scenes. In the meantime, please be patient with the various errors and display issues.

Current driver: Ranger
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

/jk

Best of luck to y'all working on the back end. Certainly interested to see the final outcome when that occurs.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

heh, I don't think its quite VB's fault. We're on the most current version of this generation of software and it went EOL in 2018. Figure we got 4 years out of "dead" software. The host also had both current and old versions of PHP running so all of this obsolete crap kept going. Like most things it was a case of "but its working".
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Reply with quote would not finish loading. In reply to gadget, the host for the forum I admin at work usually has 2 versions of PHP available. Was going to say, could see if using the older one would get us by for now but it sounds like we've already been "getting by" and now neither available version is compatible with the forum software.

Also, the go to last post button from the recent threads page barfs PHP errors. So I open the thred then go to last.

Good luck either way, I know you'll all get it fixed even if it takes a bit of time more than some might think it would take.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Also, the software I use at work has scripts to export/convert an existing forum to their software. No idea if or how well the scripts work or if there vbulletin scripts, nor would I necessarily recommend the software I use (wouldn't discourage it either), but it is regularly maintained (Invision Community).
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Dang, can't seem to edit posts either :lol: ��
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Have only posted and haven't had to edit. I am sure not every function works but I am grateful for the folks here and what does work!
                          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Editing (and quoting) does work if you open the edit (or quote) link in a new tab rather than just clicking it. However, I have ran into a case where editing caused a duplicate reply to be created, so...best to maybe not go too crazy on the edits at the present moment.

Our background discussions are progressing and I'd guesstimate that we'll be implementing a fix in about a week, depending on how testing goes behind the scenes. We are not interested in losing data in the process. A product change has not been ruled out yet but upgrading to newer vBulletin does have advantages.

Current driver: Ranger
                            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                            | 88 TC | 91 GM
                            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                            | Junkyards

Comment

The big question no one's asking yet is whether the reputation feature is still working?
                              1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Working...
                              X