No announcement yet.

Site is broken, but is functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just clicked on the "Add To User's Reputation" for you and I didn't see anything happen. Let us know if something does happen, behind the scenes.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

...Nothing. Looks like things are truly dire. Hard to imagine the forum's long term vitality without a working reputation system.
      1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Didn't think so - looks like someone got to this site before Carthage!

Comment

Oh, I think I misunderstood that vbulletin was no longer being updated. There does appear to be a newer version. Carry on, ignore me.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yeah... seems all the minor features are broken. At least we can still post. I have my own server up and running and hopefully will start testing convert scripts today on the backup I made.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was unable to upload pictures- the uploader is unable to come up for me. the window goes semi-opaque and becomes unresponsive
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I found a workaround for the images. Images from an url can still be attached by using -[img] and [/img] tags around the image url.
                But local pics I was able to add by opening the advanced editor and from there opening the attachments menu, which opens in a new window.
                On the attachment menu you can upload images normally, nothing just shows up. When the little loading indicator wheel disappears you can just close the menu window and post. Theyll show at the bottom of the post in the "attached files" box. Or click preview post before sending the reply, that way you can open the image in a new tab, copy url and post the images as large using the way I explained above.
                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I'm unable to view pics. When i click on them the screen gets darker and no pics show. Just passing it along

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                    I'm unable to view pics. When i click on them the screen gets darker and no pics show. Just passing it along
                    Yeah it was also mentioned in the WAYWO thread, gotta right-click and open the link separately. Or press and hold on mobile.
                    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Ok i'll try that thanks

Comment

I just read the thread and there's one thing I haven't seen mentioned.

Paid membership. ( Yes, I know. Stop yelling at your monitor ).

I don't have a problem with it.

A limited free membership and a full blown paid membership.

This stuff costs money folks...............
                        So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Thought about that myself but didn't mention it as I am allergic to knives in my back! Of course, it has been free all this time so it does beg the question as to if a paid subscription is really necessary.

Comment

Paid membership might be a bit too far, but there's no reason more people can't donate to the site, myself included. I've done it, but not recently. Every little bit helps i presume, not knowing jack shit of how these things work, but it seems logical. Compulsory donation sounds like a California thing...don't do it.

Comment

I'd prefer the voluntary donation myself but since we are not privy to the "books" it really is impossible to know what is needed and where it is actually going.

Comment

5 or 10 bucks a year?
                                Some of you probably pay that much a day for coffee. LOL
                                So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X