No announcement yet.

Site is broken, but is functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id personally foot the bill before having members pay for a membership. That is just no fun. The forum is loosing members as is to other social media sites. I would never pay a membership for this place. Just not enough interest in these vehicle to warrant that.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah... no. Paid membership is out. We've beat that bush before and the donation system was working well for a while until the person dishing out the badges stopped. It doesn't take much to keep the site up anyhow, we just need the person holding the purse to show up and decide what to go with.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Also, I just messaged him. We'll see if we can get this fixed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Also, I just messaged him. We'll see if we can get this fixed.

Comment

Just a suggestion.

People also leave forums because they're hard to use or clunky.
            So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Cheap cars...cheap people we aint gonna get members if you have to pay. I would have never have joined if I had to pay.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes make it limited access and paid membership with mandatory auto renew like one of the Mercedes sites I did NOT join.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

The annual badge thing at least reminded me when it was time to send in a few bucks.

A Lionel group I belonged to recently suggested we send in small checks to the owner to defray the costs. I will send that small check once I get to a copier that has a reduction function. Hey I know the owner has a sense of humor.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I do not want paid membership due to people barely being able to afford to pay their bills as it is.

Comment

This site is the only forum I am on almost every day. The other car forums (3) I only go on maybe once a month. I appreciate this site and would like to continue a yearly voluntary contribution. The badge they used to give was also appreciated. No need to make more comments on that issue.
                      A paid membership will chase people away. The long timers as well as new people.
                      I hope this site will continue to be "free". Few things are free anymore.

Comment

Site is groken but is functional

This site is the only forum I am on almost every day. The other car forums (3) I only go on maybe once a month. I appreciate this site and would like to continue a yearly voluntary contribution. The badge they used to give was also appreciated. No need to make more comments on that issue.
                        A paid membership will chase people away. The long timers as well as new people.
                        I hope this site will continue to be "free". Few things are free anymore.

Comment

It will be free, even if the admins have to help foot the bill. It really isn't that much. Less than a cheap cable bill. We will keep it free. We just need the owner to make a decision once he gets home (found out he's on top of a mountain right now). As with everything, people have lives and when he gets time, he'll get in here and we'll help him get things sorted.

Comment

Not in favor of it being a paid site.
                            If the admins want to cover it, I'll contribute for sure. Annually.
                            Last time I sent money.. the badge of honor never appeared. No matter. We're still here.
                            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Donor Icons are my duty too... I made blanks last time so I should have everyone up to date by the weekend
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Seems like the new posts counter on the homepage is working and not working.
                                Sometimes it says x amount of new posts but there aren't actually any.
                                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                                1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Working...
                                X