No announcement yet.

Site is broken, but is functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be posts that we can't see, like in an admin thread.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Maybe, though I think I would've noticed it before.
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
        Maybe, though I think I would've noticed it before.
        Can't upload, can't navigate, site is crumbling for me....get this message

"PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106"

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Yes, it's the same for everyone. We are attempting to get the new version of the forum software to work. It's being a royal PITA.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so the new version is running on at least a temporary basis here

http://forum.grandmarq.net/

The database is from basically Thanksgiving so anything posted since then is gone.

Anything posted there now will not remain when the final migration happens. Stuff here will make the trip over though, or at least it should. User and password and all that are the same as here.

Give it a go, let us know what works and what doesn't.

Some things I know are goofy:
            do not pick one of the VB4 styles. It says 'incompatible' and when I picked one a bit ago it blew up. Still trying to figure out how to make these go away, its being stubborn.
            There is no chat box. Haven't even looked into a sub for that honestly, but I'm sure something exists.
            I know the banners aren't up. Haven't really looked into that yet either.

Anything else, please let us know.

and once again, don't expect to see anything you post over there stick around. That is a temporary install and the posts are NOT going to be saved.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so the new version is running on at least a temporary basis here

http://forum.grandmarq.net/

The database is from basically Thanksgiving so anything posted since then is gone.

Anything posted there now will not remain when the final migration happens. Stuff here will make the trip over though, or at least it should. User and password and all that are the same as here.

Give it a go, let us know what works and what doesn't.

Some things I know are goofy:
              do not pick one of the VB4 styles. It says 'incompatible' and when I picked one a bit ago it blew up. Still trying to figure out how to make these go away, its being stubborn.
              There is no chat box. Haven't even looked into a sub for that honestly, but I'm sure something exists.
              I know the banners aren't up. Haven't really looked into that yet either.

Anything else, please let us know.

and once again, don't expect to see anything you post over there stick around. That is a temporary install and the posts are NOT going to be saved.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

One side note... log out of this one before using that one. Creates some cookie conflicts and things act weird.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Or use different browsers.

At least Firefox is showing this issue.

Comment

Or use different browsers.

At least Firefox is showing this issue.

Comment

Mine goes all vertical and only text and images. UI borked but the links work. Tried on phone FF, PC FF and Edge.
                      This old forum has done that aswell, but reloading the page has always fixed it.

Comment

I typically use my iPhone/Safari on old school desktop website mode for this site (looks just like it does on a desktop).

Tried the new site and it's not friendly to mobile view or desktop view with Safari.

This is what I see (I'm using tapatalk to post the pic since that's easy). It's the same on desktop or mobile view.

Worst case, I can view on tapatalk once the new site is live on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah that's about how the site looks for me aswell.
                          Me thinks that's just a bug or something, like I said above, the current forum does that sometimes too.

Comment

Apparently there's some skins issues. Once we can purge the VB4 skin, that should fix it. Seems mobile has a different setting than desktop. I'll probably be able to spend more time getting up to speed on this tomorrow.

Comment

Nope desktop side is buggered again. Will look at this tonight if Thain doesn't beat me to it. I think I found a fix.

Comment

Fixed it. The incompatible skins are deleted from the new site database. Will have to remember to do that again after the final move. But now I know how to do it.

Let us know if any more issue pop up.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X