No announcement yet.

Site is broken, but is functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed it. The incompatible skins are deleted from the new site database. Will have to remember to do that again after the final move. But now I know how to do it.

Let us know if any more issue pop up.

Thanks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nevermind. It's broken again. NFC what's wrong with it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Works in firefox, but not chrome/edge. This is screwy AF.

Comment

I've tried accessing the new setup while logged out from here, but its still broken in FireFox for me. I did also clear my stuff just to see if that made any corrections, but it didn't.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Yeah... just fixed it. I deleted the styles and broke the site completely, then re-installed the styles and it seems to have worked. It's now loading in both firefox ans edge.

Comment

So the only style that works if I select it is 'denim', otherwise the 'VB5 default' and 'bluegreen' break it.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I don't know how much the software can be customized, but the options to share or tweet every post look a little spammy.
                1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Fakebook and Twitter share things turned off now. No idea why the icons were so massive, but it ought to be cleaner now. Most of the settings over there are just defaults, easy enough to fiddle with.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Question: Are PM's not working as well?

Thank you for all the work you guys are doing to keep the site alive!
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Today the test site has seemingly worked, on the denim style. Looks good, better than crownvic.net My most major gripes are probably theme-related (no outlines)
                      Can't say much about functionality otherwise, but the homepage definitely needs to be implemented over there aswell, probably on the to-do list for you bitwizards...
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Here? I got one a couple days ago, so it should work
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                          Question: Are PM's not working as well?

Thank you for all the work you guys are doing to keep the site alive!
                          Pms work Phil. I was away for a bit. I got back to you just a few minutes ago.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've also noticed a difference between chrome and firefox. everything seems to work in firefox but chrome/edge are having issues. NFC what's going on there. I did remove the black and red from the list as it seems broken again and limited it to just cool blue, denim and default to keep things simple before I went to bed last night.

Please let us know what browsers you are using as well.

Comment

I've also noticed a difference between chrome and firefox. everything seems to work in firefox but chrome/edge are having issues. NFC what's going on there. I did remove the black and red from the list as it seems broken again and limited it to just cool blue, denim and default to keep things simple before I went to bed last night.

Please let us know what browsers you are using as well.

Comment

Seems Chrome/Edge doesn't like the default style now. Firefox still has no issue with it, but neither will do whatever style is in the top position. No clue why. Now I'm wishing we went with the other option we were pondering and just let their engineers take care of it. Bah.

Comment

Working...
                                X