Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intake to go with dual exhaust............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/sJ3L-E-ufYo

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've been thinking of going back to a "stock" air box. I have an 03/04 MAF with integrated air temp sensor now and I'm tired of having to use contact cleaner on my MAF every 3-6 months due to the oiled filter. The paper filters filter better than the cotton gauze filters as well. I actually have a stock airbox on the shelf that I used for a cat box exhaust filter for a while, so it was slightly modified and will require some unmodifying (no intake horn - the tube that sticks out the front), but that's the "performance mod" for a base car anyhow. Makes the intake as big as the output of the filter box.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yeah, I'd go back to stock. Could probably score the horn from a JY or EBAY to put everything right (as you already know).
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Don't really want the horn. What I did to mod that was to invert the horn and trim it down, making it suitable to attach a hose to. I just need to remove it and the screws holding it together.

Comment

Sounds good - thought you wanted to return completely to stock.
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Interesting, I did not even know there were reusable panel filters. Might be a great choice for dusty areas.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
              X