Power Antenna Repair/Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Antenna Repair/Rebuild

I've got the antenna motor assembly out of my 1986 CS and hanging in the wheel well to replace the mast. Broken drive cord so it wouldn't come out just under motor power. But I can't figure out how the case is supposed to split so I can remove the remaining pieces and install the new mast/grease internals. I got the O ring gasket out but it feels like the case is riveted/welded together somewhere. Any tips?

I've got a NOS mast so I'd like to have it all back together and functional.

Thanks!
    1986 Country Squire
    1969 Mercury Cougar
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88"

pics? I seem to remember there are a couple different styles and I don't know which one you have.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Here are some pics, motor is removed and hanging with it because I thought that might allow the halves to separate.
      Attached Files
      1986 Country Squire
      1969 Mercury Cougar
      1960 Land Rover Series II 88"

Comment

hm thats the later one, I don't know if that one comes apart. Maybe if you drill the rivet in the middle out and replace it with a screw, but I wouldn't guarantee that either.

It won't run the mast out at all? I've had to help it out with pliers before but usually once you get it moving it will go. I have also gotten the motor assembly off the mast tube to swap bits and pieces around to build an antenna from parts. The one on my Towncar is half the original antenna, and half one from a Mark VII. Its not really supposed to let go, but if you carefully cut through the goop where the aluminum joins the gear housing it should be able to work loose.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hm thats the later one, I don't know if that one comes apart. Maybe if you drill the rivet in the middle out and replace it with a screw, but I wouldn't guarantee that either.

It won't run the mast out at all? I've had to help it out with pliers before but usually once you get it moving it will go. I have also gotten the motor assembly off the mast tube to swap bits and pieces around to build an antenna from parts. The one on my Towncar is half the original antenna, and half one from a Mark VII. Its not really supposed to let go, but if you carefully cut through the goop where the aluminum joins the gear housing it should be able to work loose.

Comment

Working...
          X