X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual exhaust questions.................

Is there any difference between the underside floor pans
    from '97 to '98?

If not, why could I not use the dual system off of a '98 or newer panther?

Is there a different way to achieve duals on a pre '98 panther?
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

The floors are not different, the suspension for the rear axle is. The overaxle bend is wider on 98+ IIRC. I don't think there's a reason the later won't fit, but the bends may be a little different and mounting points may also be changed. So some finagling may be required.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks sly.

The guy at the exhaust shop thought it might be possible to use the later stuff.

PS Reply with quote doesn't work.

Comment

Yeah... none of those buttons work. Once we get the forum updated or converted to another platform, things should be fixed. This site is too old to work on the current platform as the old PHP that it does work with is no longer available due to security concerns. We will get it fixed... hopefully before Christmas.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Another forum I use just upgraded.
          Might be worth talking with them about what they use?
          https://p15-d24.com/forum/6-mopar-fl...?_fromLogout=1

Comment

I see they use:
            https://invisioncommunity.com/
            They have a tiered system. And since this forum is so large just due to the content, it would require at least the same price as the direct update option. We were looking at conversion to open source types. If we go with a paid option, it'll probably be a direct upgrade or an option we can pay the company to move it over to their software. The main issue is getting the owner to get on the forum and participate. I haven't pushed to hard yet (at all), but I may start after this weekend. Got a lot of family plans this weekend. I'm off work the week of Thanksgiving and have no travel plans to speak of so may get after it that week if the rest of the team hasn't managed something yet.

Comment

I see they use:
              https://invisioncommunity.com/
              They have a tiered system. And since this forum is so large just due to the content, it would require at least the same price as the direct update option. We were looking at conversion to open source types. If we go with a paid option, it'll probably be a direct upgrade or an option we can pay the company to move it over to their software. The main issue is getting the owner to get on the forum and participate. I haven't pushed to hard yet (at all), but I may start after this weekend. Got a lot of family plans this weekend. I'm off work the week of Thanksgiving and have no travel plans to speak of so may get after it that week if the rest of the team hasn't managed something yet.

Comment

Is money a factor in moving/upgrading the site?
                What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Money is always a factor and only one person has control over that (site owner). So final decision has to be made by them. Admins can't (well... shouldn't) do that. Anyhow... this can be discussed in the thread that's set up for it that nobody seems to be reading.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-is-functional

Comment

Just went back to reread it. Will keep an eye on it for future updates.
                    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
                    X