Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Design seat covers from Rock Auto for Box 1991 front police buckets

Hello all,

I'm not a fan of seat covers, but since I don't have a decent sewing machine (or motivation) to re-upholster my 1991 P72 with front buckets I ordered some Dash Design seat covers from Rock Auto. They don't list anything for LTD Crown Victoria with front buckets but thanks to sites like this I learned they are identical of Ford Taurus buckets of the same year, which they do list. I would've preferred the Dorcester but they didn't have it listed for the front seats so I went with the Plush Regal Velour. It's A little "browner" than I'd like but they fit very well and installed easily. I removed all of the seats to install them and used the supplied hardware plus a few hog rings on the rear bench seat.
    Attached Files

That looks so damn good. Thanks for sharing.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Seat covers look verygood. I used to be a vendor for Dash Designs among others. Decent products. You might consider spraying Scotch Guard on them now. A $6 can is well worth it.

Comment

Didn't think the rear would be quite wide enough... I was wrong. That looks really good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That really does look nice. I'm used to "seat cover" looking like those garbage ones sold for bench seat trucks, the ones that fit badly, don't match at all, and have some shoe strings sewn on to keep them from just sliding off all the time. Honestly wouldn't even realize those are covers without a close look.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That looks really great! Thanks for sharing.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I should've clarified a bit. I ordered the rear bench for a 90-91 LTD Crown Victoria and the front buckets for a 86-95 Taurus.

Comment

How do they run, price wise?
                What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Pretty pricey, around $300 for everything. But I think they are worth it, especially how they look installed.

Comment

Those look great, nice job!

Comment

If the quality is good the price is respectable. They do look REALLY good!
                      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Nice, something that actually fits properly. Is there any chance the late model cvpi seats have a match to something else? Trying to find something for the 2008 cvpi WITH side airbags.

Comment

Dash Design seat covers

$300 for both seats is very reasonable for something that looks and fits well. Can't get one original seat re upholstered for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                            Nice, something that actually fits properly. Is there any chance the late model cvpi seats have a match to something else? Trying to find something for the 2008 cvpi WITH side airbags.
                            Good luck. The seat cover manufacturers,to the best of my knowledge, do not make covers for air bag seats. Safety liability issues .

Comment

They are out there. Dash designs split bench seat covers come in an airbag/non-airbag version. They just don't have a cvpi bucket with side airbag option.

Comment

Working...
                              X