Under Hood Insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Hood Insulation

Does anyone make MOULDED under hood insulation? I see plenty of flat ones, but none like OEM.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Not that I know of.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

A guy in PA makes some really good ones (flat) but thick and cut very well. You can order it through EBAY or directly from the manufacturer. If you are interested, let us know and I'll try to dig out the info.
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I believe I stumbled upon his stuff. I was a little skeptical of the quality based on the picture, but he said it’s an outdated one. You’ve seen his product before and it looks good? If so I’ll probably order from him

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32466827561...Bk9SR6jqtPeTYQ
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

That is the EBAY contact I was referring to. His communications are good and the product (as of a few years ago) was quality. May take a little while to get as they are sometimes cut to order but they do have the specs for many cars so there might just be one already made. I had a few done and one had to be custom made from some specs and a really beat up one I sent and the results were dead on. As long as he is still doing the same quality work, you'll be happy.

Comment

That's great to know- I ordered it! Thanks
            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Cool - let us know how it turns out!

Comment

I even contacted him to find if he would make up one for my Avanti.........waiting to hear back.

Comment

Working...
                X