unknown connector under hood near firewall 1987 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown connector under hood near firewall 1987 Town Car

Hi I'm restoring a 1987 Town Car that mice ate much of the underhood wires. I'm stumped on this connector at the driver-side corner of the firewall near the cruise control. There is only one turquoise wire going into it. (In my image the fusible link is not part of this connector) I haven't find the other terminus.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

thats the connector for the fuel flow wire. It would be used if you had a digital dash to give instant fuel economy.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Is that also used to connect to a tripminder, if one could find one (not impossible but also not easy)?
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

On a CV/GM, yes. Towncars never had one, but you can wire one in.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X