No announcement yet.

Door actuator(sp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oe don't exist but you can get generic ones and cut to fit. Not super difficult, just kind of tedious getting the old staples out and then the new pieces trimmed and fastened on. Also have to figure out what generic material is the right shape. I've done it on all of my cars at this point.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Water pump pliers to get them popped back in. The only time I ever drilled a rivet is when I retrofitted in a whale power lock actuator.

Comment

Water pump pliers? There is enough room to use them? Interesting use of that tool - never thought to try them.
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I used cheap pliers in the wide jaw setting to pop them back into the bracket the one time I tried that method. Leave the bracket with the slot down so when the actuator freezes up it can (with some force) be popped out of the bracket (had to do that once too).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have a range of sizes. The biggest that fit for the leverage. Jaws as closed as possible for maximum squeezing power. Put one side in by hand, and you only need to plier one side into place.

Comment

Never tried that but does sound interesting.
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
              X