Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FORSCAN adapter/software and Driver's Door Module re programming

Good Morning,

After a few junkyard runs, I found two Driver's Door Modules with the same part number as mine on my 2007 Town Car (as my DDM has completely stopped working). I understand these need to be re programmed at the dealer to function, or using FORSCAN.

Has anyone done this before, and/or is the $30 amazon OBDII-computer adapter all you need?

https://www.amazon.ca/Forscan-Scanne...07MQ8GHG3?th=1

I'd rather not pay $100+ dollars at the dealership, but don't really know anytime about programming cars (apart from VERY basic code reading/deletion with a $30 reader).

Thanks.
    sigpic

If I am not mistaken, if the donor module comes from a car with the same options I thought no programming is required. If it has some but is not an exact match, then the missing options simply will not work. Have you matched the donor options to your car?
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

The Elm327 does work with Forscan. I used it to add keyless to my 2008 P71.

Comment

Is FORSCAN easy to use? Do you just download/install it on a laptop, plug in the Amazon adapter and it's self-explanatory?
        sigpic

Comment

I suggest watching some videos on youtube. It is relatively simple, but you do need to educate yourself a bit on how it works. It is NOT a click options in an easy to understand menu type setup. But, it isn't difficult if you already have the information you need. I highly suggest getting the elm & forscan and see if you can read the data from your existing ddm, if you can, write it down AND save the as-built data in forscan. If your junkyard ddm doesn't work properly (by way of options that is), save the data from that module just in case, and write your original data to the your junkyard module.
          If your ddm doesn't have any data, you can download as-built data from ford. There are links on the forscan forum.

Comment

Humm. Ok, thanks for the info. I'm quite leery about messing around with computer programming.

If I just swap out the modules, will everything (in theory) work except the key fob? Is the fob all that needs programming or is the whole works.
            sigpic

Comment

Humm. Ok, thanks for the info. I'm quite leery about messing around with computer programming.

If I just swap out the modules, will everything (in theory) work except the key fob? Is the fob all that needs programming or is the whole works.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes. Swapping out the DDM should only need the fobs programmed. The only time you need to worry about things not working is when swapping PCM/PATS computers. Those are the only things really paired in panthers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

As I mentioned above, if the functions from the donor car and yours are exact, it should be an even swap (except to reprogram the fobs which you can do). If not, some functions will probably not work.
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
                  X