Rubber Rear Control Arm Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber Rear Control Arm Bushings

Are new rubber bushings still available for the rear control arms? I can't seem to find them anywhere...considering swapping my poly's for the rubber for better ride quality
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

I'd check with MOOG or a similar company directly. Most available seem to be "fronts" only.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

That's super weird, they are very oddly missing from everywhere.

P/N is K200968, just for the curious. I bought four about three or four years ago, but that was then.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I always thought it was the same thing used on Mustangs and everything else with an 8.8 for the bushing that actually goes in the diff ears. Those are available, but different p/n

the Ferd manual says D9AZ-5A638-B for 80-82, replaced by E6AZ-5A638-A for 80-89 Ford and Mercury

thats the only part number in the back, so all 8 are the same.

Lincolns are of course different, E0VY and E6VY prefixes, even though its the same rear suspension. Probably different durometer rubber.

I wonder if its just a durometer thing. Its the same ES kit for Mustangs and Panther cars, so that makes me think the dimensions are the same.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I always thought it was the same thing used on Mustangs and everything else with an 8.8 for the bushing that actually goes in the diff ears. Those are available, but different p/n

the Ferd manual says D9AZ-5A638-B for 80-82, replaced by E6AZ-5A638-A for 80-89 Ford and Mercury

thats the only part number in the back, so all 8 are the same.

Lincolns are of course different, E0VY and E6VY prefixes, even though its the same rear suspension. Probably different durometer rubber.

I wonder if its just a durometer thing. Its the same ES kit for Mustangs and Panther cars, so that makes me think the dimensions are the same.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The Mustang and Panther bushings on the diff ears are different sizes if i remember right. I recommended spherical bushings for Mustangs here on the site, and someone here bought them and said they didn't fit. I feel bad about that but honestly didn't know or else i would not have recommended them.

Comment

Problem with actually replacing rubber bushings is you need to push the shells out of the arms too. You will need a press and proper stack-ups to not crush the arm and rip the extrusion in the stamping.

I may have some in a box. Lemme look when I get home from work.

Comment

I have 4 Clevite 62037's out of their boxes, never installed. Paypal me some shipping and you can have them. I did use one or two as spacers to weld boxing plates to upper arms over the years. I ordered them from rockauto maybe 10yrs ago and never installed them because ES poly didn't require a shop and labor $ only my time/labor.

Comment

Should also note they are 53mm diameter, 61mm long.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                    The Mustang and Panther bushings on the diff ears are different sizes if i remember right. I recommended spherical bushings for Mustangs here on the site, and someone here bought them and said they didn't fit. I feel bad about that but honestly didn't know or else i would not have recommended them.
                    I know I purchased spherical diff ear bushings for the mustang and they are WAY too small to fit in the panthers diff ears.

I'll put them in my pops 85 (with swapped in 8.8 rear) one of these years.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow some great info here! Sorry for the delay. Jeff I'll send you a PM. Thanks!
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                      X