G201 Location 87 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G201 Location 87 Town Car

I'm trying to find the location of the G201 connector. I suspect something's wrong with it since it grounds clock, glovebox light, and interval governor the lot of which aren't working on my car (1987 Town Car). All fuses look good.

The book says Ground G201 is "Attached to brace under center of I/P" but I'm garbage at finding things directly in front of me so any elaboration like to what has to be removed to get to that brace is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Book description: https://i.imgur.com/Bt5IXdZ.jpeg
    Present state of my dashboard: https://i.imgur.com/9ojp5OI.jpeg, https://i.imgur.com/3lytuQn.jpeg, https://i.imgur.com/CadqD8F.jpeg

Can you follow the ground wires from all the items you mentioned to a central point? Perhaps easier said than done but that should be the overall grounding point for those items.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

IIRC, it should be in the vicinity of that yellow Lincoln sticker. Somewhere between that at the clock in the instrument cluster. The other end of the line should go to the multi ground quick connect board above the go pedal near the steering wheel mount.

I could be remembering the Mercury and not the Mark VI, so there's that. But that's what it looks like since I think the message center module is in that brace between that yellow sticker and the clock area of the dash.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

IIRC, it should be in the vicinity of that yellow Lincoln sticker. Somewhere between that at the clock in the instrument cluster. The other end of the line should go to the multi ground quick connect board above the go pedal near the steering wheel mount.

I could be remembering the Mercury and not the Mark VI, so there's that. But that's what it looks like since I think the message center module is in that brace between that yellow sticker and the clock area of the dash.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Find the upright to the right of the gas pedal and follow it up above where all the rest of the metal ties in. Pretty sure you'll find it right up there, near the low fuel level warning box. I seem to recall several grounds right there anyway.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think it's right there in two of your pictures, just below the "6-5" sticker, almost touching the carpet. There's two grounds there anyway. Wouldn't hurt to give them a look.
            1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Just following up the grounds were fine.
              Glovebox light is just finnicky, sometimes it works most times it doesn't.
              My clock was dead. I bought some spare clusters and swapped in a working clock, that's solved now.
              Wiper governor seems defective.

Comment

Working...
              X