what would cause a buzzer type noise while trying to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would cause a buzzer type noise while trying to start

a guy i work with has a towncar i may be interested in, was his mother in laws said it was maticulously maintained. thinks its an 88, salmon on grey, with a moonroof and digital cluster. says when he tries to start it it makes a buzzer noise, i said its probably the starter solonoid, later on he said it wasnt (i dont know if he actually replaced it but he said he did) i gave him one of my spare coils to try and he said it didnt fix.

is there anything else that would cause a buzzer noise? i dont know if its turning over or not, but he makes it sound like nothing is happening but this noise.

if it isent turning over, the started may be runnin but not engaging the pinnion gear, the 85 colony park did that alot before, and it made like a buzz sound...so i say starter gear is fucked.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

true that

i bet if i give him 500bones hes gimme the car

ill have to think about it and come up with some cash.

if not ill give you his number julian

Comment

sounds good, kev...but you can always bullshit a story when you find the prob so you get it for cheap...works for me!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Go look at it. Might just be the battery is half shot and it doesn't have enough power to crank over so the relay is just making a racket. I have learned to never trust people's noise descriptions because its just impossible to tell what they're talking about.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X