Front speaker size on whales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front speaker size on whales?

Ok I have finally gotten sick of my stock front speakers in the doors of my vic. I don't have premium sound. If you guys didn't know I have a Rockford Fosgate HU with sony xplode 6x9's in the rear. I also have 2 8" MTX subs with a alpine amp. The front speakers are stock and they sound like shit compaired to the rest. Ok so what size do I need without any mods to the door or door panel. I'm probably going with the xplodes for the front as I like the sound of my rear ones alot. Thanks and sorry if this is a repost.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Crutchfield says 5 1/4". They also show 6"x"8 and 5"x7"..

http://www.crutchfield.com/ Click on "Find what fits my car" under More Ways To Shop on the right.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Thanks man. I had the same problem when I was looking at sound domain. Maybe I have to just take off the door panel.

Comment

I forgot about this. I found out they are 6x8's in front. Got the new ones installed and they sound great. Pioneers is what I ended up with.

Comment

Pioneer makes good speakers, though I did manage to blow a complete set of 4 once while listening to Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask". :devil2: :devil2:
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil LTD
            Pioneer makes good speakers, though I did manage to blow a complete set of 4 once while listening to Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask". :devil2: :devil2:
            :lol: Yea that would do it...lol
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
            X