Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{Transmission} AOD fix recomended for all!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case the TV cable tried to pull the adjusting block at an angle, thus creating a twisting moment over at the retaining clip - with my habbit of mashing on the gas it would be just a matter of time till the clip pops off.

I'm from Bulgaria, it's southwest of Ukraine. Ivan The Terrible is what I get all the time too, I kinda like it

Comment

Interestingly enough, when I did my shift kit and pulled the vb down, I heard the spring pop off of that notch, so it was still in teh notch before I did the kit.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i opened my transmission pan to change the filter and i found a white plastic mushroom looking thing. it has a rubber ring around it. is it some kind of plunger in the lower section of the transmission?
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

It's just a dust plug for the fill tube while the tranny is not in the car. It can be disposed of.

Comment

now it is whining between shifts going into OD. i think the torque converter may be going out. it shifts thru the gears the right way if i take off from full throttle. if i drive normally letting it build up speed it hesitates and whines as it goes into OD.
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
            X