Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Engine} Just Spent $530

On some new toys for the Vic!

A set of new used back flow cleaned design 2 Bosch 19# injectors.
    A set of freshly ceramic coated (black) OEM 94-95 Cobra valve covers.
    A NEW set of Ford Motorsport 1.7 ratio Cobra roller rockers.
    A NEW set of Comp. Cams valve springs.
    A NEW set of reusable valve cover gaskets.

Still to buy,

Upper to lower intake gasket.
    And new set of injector 'O' rings

Then it's time to get to workin!
    Not here yet so I'll take pics when the stuff gets here.

Nice

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Oh, your valve cover gaskets are rubber with a steel core correct? Be sure to still use some silicone on em. I installed em dry and the leaked all over my manifolds

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Sounds sweet. Me I have no $$ so just basic maintainence but I'm saving for rims and I want to do a PI head swap. Have fun man!
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

What did the injectors run you? And these are the 4 spray style, not the single shot style correct?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
              What did the injectors run you? And these are the 4 spray style, not the single shot style correct?
              Yep they sure are. Got the set for $46, after shipping I think it's like $53 or something. Supposedly they had 83K on them when removed and were back flow cleaned.

The largest chunck of the money is in the rockers and the VCs, the rockers were $215, and the VCs were 140 shipped. The valve covers are VERY hard to find! Especialy in perfect mint condition.

Comment

thta vic is really gonna haul ass when you're done
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Nice VC's. Been looking for a cheap set of those-for years.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Good shit, mang!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

are those the injectors that have the 4 holes :: like that on the tip?

Comment

Will those valve covers clear the 1.7 rollers?
                        Are you running the stock cam? What valve springs did you order? I'm going to get some as soon as I have the cash (after a Hurst truck-style short throw T5 shifter)...
                        Sounds like you've got it going on! Get us some pictures as soon as you can.
                        What years and models were those four-spray injectors available?
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Yes they are the injectors with the 4 spray design. Not sure what years they ran them. I think they started in mid 90s, but at some point they migrated back to single spray design. Just search on ebay for a set is what I would suggest. The guy I got mine from consistantly does upgrades and has sets of there for auction pretty often, and he reverse flow cleans his.

These valve covers are the shortest profile valve covers ever made for the 302 engine, and they will clear 1.7 roller rockers without modification. The reason I paid so much for factory valve covers is because of my intake setup. I have the 94-95 intake which is shorter than all the other 5.0L intakes. So, even with the shorter valve cover design there isn't enought room for me to get my fingers in between the intake and the covers. Cobra engine came with 1.7 roller rockers facory, and the only outside difference in in the valve covers from the HO 94-95 V/Cs is that the fill neck is raised to allow room to keep a baffle. The V/Cs that I got were only on the 94-95 Cobra, and they were discontinued in 5 years instead of 10. No aftermarket versions were ever made. So the only ones that exist, either came on a 94-95 Cobra, or were original Ford factory replacements.

The springs that I got are these Comp. Cams springs. The image is not correct, but the springs are what you need if you are using a stock HO cam and 1.7 rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                            The springs that I got are these Comp. Cams springs. The image is not correct, but the springs are what you need if you are using a stock HO cam and 1.7 rockers.
                            Cool. Thanks!
                            They're a lot cheaper than I thought! If I had the cash, I'd buy them now... but it's okay. At that price, I can get them when I get the 1.7s!
                            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

These are the 1.7 Roller rockers that I ordered, they too are a pretty good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X