Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Story of HwyCruiser's Marauder (DUW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I just noticed that your plates say Johnson County. Do you live in the KC area? If so, you should show your car at the World of Wheels in March. I always go and i'd love to see your car in person. What do ya think?
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

If I was rich I would buy and equip a "M" Panther like yours HWYCRUISER but with a few mods to difference from yours such like a complete Kenwood Excelon sound equipment,Police NN/NUL front springs and some strobes.

ATT, SNIPER 308. PROUD OWNER OF ??????????
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

That is one bad mother fucker.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
          That is one bad mother fucker.
          !NO 91LTD! one !WAESOME bad mother fucker.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ??????????
          MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
            Hey, I just noticed that your plates say Johnson County. Do you live in the KC area? If so, you should show your car at the World of Wheels in March. I always go and i'd love to see your car in person. What do ya think?
            Yup, I'm in OP. I never had my Marauder in a real car show, only with a bunch of other Marauders - and that's like trying to judge the best penny out of the jar. The World of Wheels sounds like fun though, how do you get a car in? Isn't that at Bartle Hall?

Sniper, I'll try and get some pics of the interior this weekend. No inside mods except for a boost gauge in the console pod, a wideband on the a-pillar, and a g-meter on the dash. I've been wanting to do something with the dot-matrix trim forever though.
            Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
              If I was rich I would buy and equip a "M" Panther like yours HWYCRUISER but with a few mods to difference from yours such like a complete Kenwood Excelon sound equipment,Police NN/NUL front springs and some strobes.

ATT, SNIPER 308. PROUD OWNER OF ??????????
              Were the police front springs better than the stock mm ones?

Originally posted by HwyCruiser
              Yup, I'm in OP. I never had my Marauder in a real car show, only with a bunch of other Marauders - and that's like trying to judge the best penny out of the jar. The World of Wheels sounds like fun though, how do you get a car in? Isn't that at Bartle Hall?

Sniper, I'll try and get some pics of the interior this weekend. No inside mods except for a boost gauge in the console pod, a wideband on the a-pillar, and a g-meter on the dash. I've been wanting to do something with the dot-matrix trim forever though.
              With the picts you took, I'm gonna detail the car tomorrow. That should be in a car show

I wanted to swap out the dot matrix to woodgrain but I decided to hold off till I saw another mm do it.
              Last edited by merc6; 10-21-2006, 11:40 PM.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
              2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Originally posted by HwyCruiser
                I personally don't know how to get a car in, but i'm sure there's a website telling all about it. And yes it's in Bartle Hall. You should enter your car, as i'm sure lots of people would love it. I usually go on saturday when it comes, so that's probably when you'd see me. If you're there on saturday, i'll come by and introduce myself.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Latest toy

Just thought I'd share the newest toy I put on the Marauder...

I finished installing a DynoJet Wideband Commander last week. I mounted the gauge on the a-pillar and enabled the warning LED to come on when the AFR drops below 11.7:1 so I can see out of the corner of my eye that the engine is getting plenty of gas during WOT.

The I/O module is mounted under the dash on the passenger side so I can get to the USB port with my laptop to download logging sessions.

I hooked up rpm via the switched leg of the #4 coil pack, MAF Volts and TPS. A screen snapshot of the WBC logging / playback software:

Kit contents:

Datalogging on/off switch:

Widband O2 sensor:

I can adjust WOT fuel through my hand held programmer, so now I can do some other minor mods I've been thinking about without having to travel a couple hundred miles to see my tuner. Pretty handy little setup.

Comment

Damn, just damn....I want soo bad.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Dreaming about drag racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpuMqL9V6Po

Comment

That is one badass car man. Loved the vid.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

More goodies...

New Nittos on the front, cut coils and an alignment later:

I think the stance looks about right!

Comment

I love it!!!!!!
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

CUT OILS ? I don't.

Att, sniper 308.proud owner of "MERC-75 INTERCEPTOR"

Comment

Cleaned up the engine bay a bit...

I should pull the pipes off and have them powercoated black. I'd really like to do the lower intake, timing chain covers and alternator in black and have the upper polished... but that will be a job left to when everything comes out for the shortblock swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X