{INTERIOR} Super Unknown - gauge installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivan D
    I gotta get a tack myself, but it's so damn hard to figure out where to put it in a Townie By the way yesterday I saw a boxie box Crown Vic that had the Plymouth/Dodge style tach installed on the hood, looked nice but kinda out of place...
    put mine to the left on the dash, right up against the edghe, used an existing screw that holds the trim to the dash pad, fits perfect, ill have to snap a pic and post soon....you paid 65 bucks for that tach?ive got the same one only with the color selectable led lighting and in a white face, and it was only 35 bucks, you got ripped off mang
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

I have been wanting to install some gauges for a while, but couldn't figure out where to put 'em. (Thanks, FoMoCo.)
      Your install looks good. Thanks Monty62.
      RE: the trunk light is a good idea.
      I wouldn't install a plastic light under the hood, though.
      There is a very good chance it'll melt from the engine heat. Maybe even catch fire.(don't ask me how I know.)
      Last edited by pine box; 04-12-2006, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I rewired and rerouted the gauges in S.U. Mainly due to the fact that the wiring looked like a mess and the mechanical temp gauge was ass ugly. Also, I had originally cut a fairly large hole in the firewall to get the mechanical temp gauge sender into the engine compartment. I plugged that hole and rerouted the wiring through the grommet in the floor for the speedo cable. Btw, I replaced the mechanical temp gauge with an electrical one.
        Last edited by monterey1962; 10-05-2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

you do good work mang
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I like those guages. My only annoyance with many electrical temp guages is that they're a half sweep guage. The mechanical ones use the full face of the dial, so its easier to see small changes. The routing for that sender is a pain tho, for sure. I need to do something with mine, and really most of the rest of the spaghetti in the engine compartment.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X