Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider this

Originally posted by N A
    I have all the HO Conversion parts. I just have to save up for the labor cost. The weather isn't the best up here in the Northeast and I would be doing everything in the driveway. (My neighbors would call the police and I say I'm running a "chop shop" or something, they're very inquisitive). The shop would probably have everything bolted on in less than a day.
    If you are paying to have the conversion done, consider a full Mustang HO swap. The motor could be installed in one afternoon and may be a good project for when the spring rolls around. You could sell off the lopo and HO parts afterwards. There are a few experienced wrenchers close by (like me) that coudl facilitate your project if you want to save even more$$$
    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Originally posted by SLYDAWG
      Seeing as how it takes 265hp at the rear wheels to get a 4000 lb car to go 14.60s, and seeing as mine weighs 4180# and has gone 14.10, I think I passed the 300hp mark.

Still looking for that evasive 13 sec. time slip.
      A statement like that, I hate to say, sounds like complete bullshit to me.

What about suspension? Transmission? Tire size / design? Saying, "It takes XXXhp to go XX.XX in a quarter," is like saying, "This is the best set-up for everyone in the world."
      It's just too general of a statement to be taken seriously.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Some general assumptions about Hp can be made from the trap speed et etc. when factored in with weight. Nothing I would bet on, but reasonable physics in play there.
        2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
        2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
          Originally posted by SLYDAWG
          Seeing as how it takes 265hp at the rear wheels to get a 4000 lb car to go 14.60s, and seeing as mine weighs 4180# and has gone 14.10, I think I passed the 300hp mark.

Still looking for that evasive 13 sec. time slip.
          A statement like that, I hate to say, sounds like complete bullshit to me.

What about suspension? Transmission? Tire size / design? Saying, "It takes XXXhp to go XX.XX in a quarter," is like saying, "This is the best set-up for everyone in the world."
          It's just too general of a statement to be taken seriously.
          Uslydawg knows more about racing panthers than you might think :smirk:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I toned down what I was going to say because most of the guys here are running stock suspension, transmission, etc... but generalized statements are what have import racers thinking they added 80hp with an intake and an exhaust (read: cone filter and a shitty muffler, both breathing through stock everything else).

I hate generalized statements. The part that sucks about me saying that is, it's generalized.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

:stupid:

That wagon is definatley making over 300HP. That car is impressive. My 87 had over 240HP at the flywheel, and didn't trap the MPH he was, and I was running shorter tires. And my car couldn't pull the front wheel either....

late post.

That car has stock suspension....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
              X