Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{ENGINE}what do i need to do a HO conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{ENGINE}what do i need to do a HO conversion?

i plan on doing a HO conversion on a efi and i would like to know what parts i need from electrical to mechanical.

thnx

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

basic HO conversion parts are: HO ECM, 19lb injectors, HO cam, E7TE heads, headers, dual exhaust or Mustang H-pipe, HO upper intake, HO throttle body, stock EGR plate bored to 63mm, change to HO ignition firing order.
    Depending on year, make, model and mileage there may be other parts needed.

other parts that are NOT required, but recommended; more gear (3.27 or numerically higher), higher stall converter, shift kit and a higher speed shift govenor (4900 RPM)
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Another 302 conversion

Hey ahm also trying to do a 302 conversion wouldnt it just be cheaper to grab a 302 ho stang engine reverse the manifold and drop it in? I have a 89 CV lx coroners wagon :guns:
      Pure Power Pure Luxury Pure Attitude Mean Enough to tame the streets of Southeast where burned out relics roam its the Battlewagon Battle Wagon Ho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Depending on your situaton it may or maybe not be easier.

The HO motor from a Fox body (Mustang or mark 7) would require you swap over the front accessories from the stock CV/GM/TC motor.
        Also, you would need to swap the water pump, since the HO motor uses a single serp belt and reverse rotation water pump.
        There has been some debate that the timing covers are different as well, but no one has confirmed this yet.

In my case, the car I got had low mileage and I got most the HO conversion parts for free. It made more sense to convert my stock motor than replace it.
        with that configuration and the stock transmission it did a best of 16.7 in the 1/4 mile and made 188.1 RWHP on the dyno.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
        X