12's or less ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigBlueTank
    Actually, the fastest I've been is 11.49 @ 113mph. Requarly around 11.66-11.72 depending on weather.

I have the 460, but not persuing it right now. I got a really good motor in the car now thats working nice.

The first pic is from a chevy show that the track put on a points race, so we had to go, & WON. WOOPED UP ON CHEVY ASS The second pic is from another local track. Just a regular bracket race. Ran dead on 7.440 w/ .500 light in the final round, the perfect bracket run. These wins have happened in the past 45 days.
    About time to get on this site!

Love the car!
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

MY favourite part of his car? He won't ditch the driver's seat of the car for weight savings, cause it is comfortable :evil:
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
        The Merc with the 347 was running 11.80s, he has since started to build a 460.

Once i get a set of heads and finish hooking up the nitrous i should be able to hit a 12.99. But my car is not 4000#s, figure around 3600-3700 with me in it. Really need to get on some scales.

Engine is: 351W bored .030" over, ported E7 heads, .484/.512 cam, 1.72RRs.

E7 heads ported properly will flow around 220 CFM with stock valves swirl pollished. The RPM air gap will flow about 160 to 175 depending onn which runner you test. An unported Victor Jr will flow around 200 CFM. Thats about 75 HP your missing just in the manifold.
        I have had the Roush heads on my flow bench and would rather have some Brodex heads. The brodex nneads would require a ported Victor jr or better.
        With your heavy car 69/70 ported 351Ws would be a better choice.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          MY favourite part of his car? He won't ditch the driver's seat of the car for weight savings, cause it is comfortable :evil:
          Actually, I took it out about a month ago becasue I had to put a roll cage in, & the door bar wouldnt fit between the seat & where the front and back doors meet. Im kinda pist it had to come out, but I have one now thats at least 60 pounds lighter.
          Southern Fried Florida Cracker
          Not Your Average 450 Horsepower Grandma Car.
          2002, 2003, & 2006 Team Moroso Member

Comment

Working...
          X