Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few of them floating around... only other one I know about first hand is Black and Flames over on CVN. I'm the only wagon, to my knowledge.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Yeah,I don't know how a 5 speed would look in a town car. but it would fit right in in my planned aero vic high speed car.

Tim
      2000 Ford Crown Victoria
      84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
      85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
      89 Lincoln town car: RIP
      89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
      1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
      2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

would you use the same parts etc for a 5 speed conversion in a aero body (92-97)

Tim
        2000 Ford Crown Victoria
        84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
        85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
        89 Lincoln town car: RIP
        89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
        1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
        2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

You would need to get the transmission from a 4.6 Mustang, as it has a different bolt pattern. The '90/'91 Town Car and possibly CV/GM had standard AOD with a 302 bolt pattern I believe. You'd have to ask Scott to verify that. The rest should all be the same or similar.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

PM this guy:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/member.php?u=357

He has a 95 with a 5 speed.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
              I think a manual trans in a LTC would look like ass
              Hey GP!!!! Think about this: there was a time when Lincolns ONLY came with manual trannies!!!
              Mike

Comment

there was a time when all cars had manuals, because automatics had not been invented yet
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

And then the world was a happier place.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Other BW-T5s

I have two BW-T5s from an '86 Nissan 300zx, but sadly they can't be used on the Vic because the input shaft length and splines are wrong and the housing is completely different (its also non world-class). All the write-up I've seen on this 5 speed conversion involve using a cable driven clutch, but on the rice machine they used a hydraulic master and slave setup. Any idea if the hydraulics can easily be converted to the Mustang tranny?

Comment

The hydraulic clutch could probably be made to work in a Vic using universal aftermarket parts, and I'm considering doing it when my Tremec goes in next summer. Haven't decided completely yet whether I want to mess with that or not, but it's a possibility.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I believe there were some Thunderbirds and trucks with a hydro clutch on a 302/T5 set-up. The problem with the Nissan is that the slave was on the passenger side while everything is on the driver side in a Ford.

Comment

I have seen a T-5 swap done it was done by Kornice on Car Domain.

Comment

I have him on myspace, Very nice guy, LOVES the panthers!
                            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                              You would need to get the transmission from a 4.6 Mustang, as it has a different bolt pattern. The '90/'91 Town Car and possibly CV/GM had standard AOD with a 302 bolt pattern I believe. You'd have to ask Scott to verify that. The rest should all be the same or similar.
                              the trans i pulled for my 5.0 was bolted to a 4.6 motor but it is AOD lol
                              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Known as the bastard block 4.6.
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X