No announcement yet.

The Street Scoop I bought showed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to have a 200hp shot to back up the looks? Have you given a thought to running a gear drive to highten the "intimidation" factor so they think you have a supercharger too? Kind of like the blowoff valve effect the ricers use.

I personally prefer the sleeper approach. I once got dusted by an old geezer in a mid 70s Buick Century with v6 emblems.

Tom

Comment

My civic weighed about 2000 lbs with the motor in it. Never finished putting it together but it would have hauled. GSR w/ the laffy taffy against a vic? You'd have killed me.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

The max shot of nitrous I'll be running is a 150HP shot. Nope no gear drive.

The sleeper look just won't work on this car. Even with no scoop or rear spoiler it will be kind of hard to get past the jacked up rear with the 15"x10" rear rims and a completely blacked out body:evil: :evil: .

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
          The max shot of nitrous I'll be running is a 150HP shot. Nope no gear drive.

The sleeper look just won't work on this car. Even with no scoop or rear spoiler it will be kind of hard to get past the jacked up rear with the 15"x10" rear rims and a completely blacked out body:evil: :evil: .
          I can't wait to see more progress!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If I won the lottery I could be driving it before the end of the summer. I'm going to be yanking the doors off it today and am going to start pulling the dash, steering column pedals, interior trim panels and heater.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all fun and games until it sucks some ricers kia down the intake.
              Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
              AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

kia?

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                  You don't race often, do you? Do you know that CVs are only rated at 150hp from the factory? Civics weigh 3,000lbs at the most. They're a lot lighter and they have damn near the same horsepower. You'd probably take one off the line, but as soon as he hit about 20+, you'd be dust.
                  ...and I don't know where you got 140hp at the wheels. They're pulling 200hp at the fly from the factory and I know Honda isn't going to stand for a 30% power loss along the foot and a half of driveline...
                  Nope I don't, I probably throw a rod or something in my box and its not worth the risk on a stock dd either. A box can outrun a Vtech civic until around 30mph off the line, this was with my friends 88 GM that was stock vs. a 98 Civic SI. I got the dyno'ed 140hp from a post on here before when a tuner's shop used a leaf blower to increase the horsepower of an 05 or 06 Civic SI, the basline number was 140hp and I think it had an auto tranny.

Power to weight does make a good bit of difference, my eagle talon which only put out about 110-115 hp to the wheels was faster than my Grand Marquis, but it only weighed 2600 pounds without a driver and I stripped out about 200 pounds out of it also.
                  Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
                  2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
                  Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
                  Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

if you want an example of how much of a factor weight can be just load up a bunch of ppl in your car and try to drive. my tc was strugling with nearly 6000lbs + 6 teenagers. i just cant stand the thought of stripping parts off of her though. something about it seems sac-religous to me. but back to the thread, that about gave me an erection, its hard to beat working butterflys on a functional scoop like that.

Comment

If my LTD would have been in nice shape I would have just swapped in my motor and left the rest of the car alone. But it was in such rough shape I don't feel bad stripping it down to nothing. If I didn't buy it the guy was going to pull the 351W and sell the rest for scrap.

So now I'm gutting it and am going to have some fun with it!! :3gears:

Comment

you"re going to have a hard time keeping up with the CobraTC, with or without the spray :evil:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Hell if I ever get it finished I'll race! I'm not afraid to race, win or lose!! There will always be somebody faster then me. He who has the most $$ wins(and that's not me ). But's it's still fun to to race!!

I may loose but mine will look meaner during the race!!

Comment

'drools"
                            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

heh, no geardrive needed, since i bought the new alternator ive had a nice little whine under accelleration load, dunno what is causing it and it all works fine, think the reman alt has a little issue, but its lifetime warrenty so who cares, its my "supercharger" without the $$$
                              jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Ive got a gear drive. it whines a little but not enough, should have gotten the "noisy" drives.
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X