Holley 1850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holley 1850

Yup, thats what Im gonna run on the vic. I'm trying to do this car on the cheap with stuff I can scrounge and I had an old holley 3310 and 1850 laying around. So... I'm gonna rebuild the holley 600cfm 1850 for the vic. I bogarted the vacuumm actuator off of the 3310 along with a couple other parts to make it more streetable. My preference for a street carb is edelbrock as I have found holleys to be too rich in the past but I'll give it a shot. If any of you fellas have any pointers for me I'd like to hear em. Also, my throttle shaft bushings are toast, do the rebuild kits come with those? Thanks, Chris
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Take your time on the rebuild. If something confuses you, find someone to ask. It's worth it.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

The old gaskets are a whore to remove, thats about the only problem I've run into so far.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The bushings usually come with the kit...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I don't recall the bushings coming with the $20 Holley Renew kit. They usually don't encourage you to take the throttle plates off the shafts. I bet you could find a better core on ebay that you would not have to disassemble the throttle plates from. If you do unscrew the plates, grind the staked part first or you will likely break the screws off in the shaft.

You can buy a couple cans of berrymans carb soak and put them in a 5 gallon steel pail. Then you can soak the whole carb body in it. The gaskets will come off EASY after soaking in that stuff for a couple days.

Tom.

Comment

Working...
          X