I am going to get a Marauder this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to get a Marauder this year

After summer is over, I am going to trade my Monte on a Marauder. Now what type do I need to get?

300 A or B?

I'll figure out the upgrade plan during next winter.

Also are there sites dedicated to aftermarket superchargers and other minusha or the Marauder?
    Last edited by RugerP97DC; 03-26-2006, 02:20 PM.
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Check out the Marauder forum. They have all the supercharger vendors there plus more.

www.mercurymarauder.net

Now don't forget us lowly folks now that you are moving up.
    2001 Grand Marquis LS
    SuperMotors Page
    CJMF
    Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
    224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
    15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

[QUOTE=blazingchevy]After summer is over, I am going to trade my Monte on a Marauder. Now what type do I need to get?

300 A or B?

:confused: OK Mang, Explain me that about 300 A or B ¿what this means?

ATT, SNIPER 308. DARK LORD OF THE "M" ZONE.
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Here are a couple of links.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ight=300a+300b

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ight=300a+300b
        Last edited by BK_Grand_Marquis; 03-26-2006, 11:56 PM.
        2001 Grand Marquis LS
        SuperMotors Page
        CJMF
        Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
        224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
        15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

I remember reading about the 300B being the better of the two. But I wanted to know the differences. IIRC the A is teh 03 and the B is the 04. But there is about a 10k difference in the two.

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

One other thing. IS the engine the 2-v or 3-v?

Comment

4V It's a cobra motor. I believe the differences are all interrior, no performance changes IIRC.

Comment

WHOOPIEE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want to put a Paxton Novi 2000R on one! That sould be a freaking screamin' demon!

Comment

DO it :headbang:
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Now keep in mind that I HOPE to have the car b4 SF06. The performance stuff will take a llittle longer tho. By SF07 either the Paxton or Vortec will be installed. Timing all depends on when I get teh car and shtuff

Comment

Originally posted by blazingchevy
                        I want to put a Paxton Novi 2000R on one! That sould be a freaking screamin' demon!
                        This just may be what you are looking for..
                        http://www.mercurymarauder.net/class...2&cat=3&page=1

If not go with an 04.Most of the bugs and problems we're ironed out by then and good luck with your purchase.:thumbsup:
                        Last edited by MarauderMark; 03-27-2006, 03:43 PM.

Comment

That is AWESOME!!! Hmmmm.

Comment

yeah man it just means interior extras nothing big thou some have traction control some dont
                            The Best
                            Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

300A & B only apply to 2003 Marauders. All 2004 are designated 300A since they didn't have a mid-year change.

2003 300A: no traction control, no heated seats, a few extra options such as full size spare, remote gas cap door release, separate clock in dash trim, a couple other minor interior extras. A lot of them had soft axles for no extra charge covered under a TSB.

2003 300B: heated seats, traction control, mini-spare, manual gas cap door, clock on radio head unit. Same as 2004 300A.

Engine: similar to Mach1, 32V 4.6 aluminium block, hypereurtectic pistons, cast crank. 2003 single knock sensor, 2004 dual knock sensors.

Another point of trivia: 2003 Marauder had Grand Marquis VINs, 2004 Marauders had their own VIN designations.
                              Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X