1989 LTD CV Wagon with GT-40P and T5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 LTD CV Wagon with GT-40P and T5

Okay, guys. I haven't wanted to do my own Reader's Rides thread until my junk was running. Well... it's running. I'm still fine-tuning the minor issues and whatnot associated with converting both an engine and a transmission platform at the same time, but I finally feel like it's almost worth displaying.

I bought the wagon late in the summer of 2001. I had totalled my 4.6 1996 Thunderbird LX and my parents told me to save my own money if I wanted to have another car. So... I became a workaholic and saved every penny I could so I could buy a Mustang in time for school.

I had everything lined up for a 1988 Mustang coupe. My mom was giving me Hell about it, but what was she going to do? It was my money. The only reason I'd delayed is because I caught a doubt about the coupe. I mean... how was I supposed to transport all my luggage four hours away to my dorm? I thought and thought and thought and decided on an early 90s Toyota pick-up. That night, I had a dream about a huge ass station wagon that looked just so fucking clean it was ungodly. I postponed the coupe for another day, to decide whether I wanted to potentially regret purchasing a small car.

My mom called me that day, asking if I'd be open to something she didn't think I'd like. I rode out there, just to see, and there it was: an ice blue station wagon in damn good physical condition. I gave him $900 to hold it until I could get to the bank the next day and get the rest. Ended up paying $2800 for it (I know).

Fast forward...

LOTS of memories from my several attempts at college...

Memories...

Memories...

October 28, 2005:
    I had noticed some funky noises coming from the engine and the ENGINE light had been intermittently turning on. I was lucky when I pushed enough oil pressure to get the light to go off. So, I parked it that night and started tearing down and researching and second-guessing the HO swap and third-guessing the HO swap then found myself so engorged in the fucking HO swap I wanted to choke myself in a puddle of stomach acid.

Fast forward...

I think I knocked out the last big issue with the HO/T5 swap tonight, which marks almost-streetability. I need to turn the upper radiator hose around (don't ask) and adjust the clutch out more and it should be good to go. So, here are some pictures. No fresh body pictures until I wash it and pick out all the leaves and crap.

You've most likely seen the body photos, but more will come ASAP.

Ignore the WAI- I'm working on designing a true cold air kit (that will hopefully be available for purchase, depending on what my builder says).

That's it for now, kids. What do you think?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

All I can say is that I am proud of you . I knew you could do it . =)

Comment

Today, while Landon (brother-in-law) and I were limping it home, he said, "You know... I really gotta hand it to you. I seriously doubted whether this would ever work again. You proved me wrong."

This is officially the farthest I've ever made it with a project car.

Fuck me... I just labeled it as a project car. Shit... what's next?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

You next project will be the Lincoln.. :P

Comment

You gonna give it to me?

Comment

I dont know .. We shall see.

Comment

Definately one badass wagon, man.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Lookin good, can't wait till its 100%!!!!
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Very nice!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You painted that alternator red!!??? EEEWWWWWW

Good job, next project is a stereo system, if you want to use it as the advertyisement for a buisness, has to be all cool on all fronts. Not just one, unless your buisness is a one front buisness.

Comment

Looks great, but clean out the damn leaves Also, you can make a cold air intake out of what you have if you get a newer style washer resivoir and run that tube straight out to the front where the old resevoir was. Block it off and there you go.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Man that thing is a beast. I love it!
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                          You painted that alternator red!!???
                          No, the guy who built it did. It was initially ordered for my brother's red Celica, but the housing didn't match up. My alternator went out and we had a 200amp laying around, so... sweet-talked my brother out of it for a steal of a price.

Deal with the leaves. I washed it last night, but there are still leaves on the wiper area. I'll get 'em out once it's worth spending the time.

Thanks for the props, guys. It's still a work in progress and judging by my finances, it'll be more work than progress.
                          :mumblingrandomswearsaboutbabysmommas:

Comment

One kickass wagon!
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

It looks good!!! Take a couple of pics of the stick and the three pedals. A short throw shifter, leather shifter boot and a "baseball" shifter knob would look SWEET!!!

When are you going to dyno it?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X