1989 LTD CV Wagon with GT-40P and T5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, thanks for the props...

It'll have a short throw base, but it'll be a long shifter. Not sure on what handle, but I'll most likely keep the "5.0" billet aluminum handle I have. I'll take some interior pictures once I get the shifter boot and the gas pedal completed, which won't be until I get the cooling issue handled.

I'll put it on the dyno after I do the 1.7 rockers and new springs. That's gonna be all the modifications for a LONG time, so I'd rather go ahead and do them before the dyno, so I'll know exactly what I'm pushing.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

"Long shifter"??? No, no, no, use a short shifter. Can you keep the bench seat or do you need buckets?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I kept the buckets. I'm using a long shifter. I'm 6'4" tall, so I need to have the seat all the way back to be comfortable. A short shifter would eliminate that because I'd hardly be able to get into fifth.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Your air filter seems to be very close to the shroud opening for the fan - are you sure it alrady ain't a CAI? I'd say for no just get a heavy-duty clutch for the fan (which you should anyways), slap a shiny heat shield behind the air filter (to bounce off heat waves from the engine and to direct the cold air from the fan into the filter), and call it a day

Comment

That filter is nowhere near large enough to feed this motor. A friend and I are designing a CAI that'll take air from in front of the radiator or behind the headlight.
            Heavy-duty fan clutches are loud and annoying- I'm going with electric as soon as I can afford it, so I'm not worried about that.

Oh- and I have bench seats, not buckets. Not sure why I said buckets.

Comment

I think the first official GMN T-5 swap desrves a stickie.

Great work mang!
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

It is stuck... in the 5.0/5.8 Tech.

Thanks for teh props, again. Just gotta take care of these overheating/detonation issues before something breaks.

Comment

Got that hurst shifter installed yet?

We want pics!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I still haven't even sent Scott the money. I forgot about it!

Comment

Okay, guys- I have video. However, there's no sound (my camera doesn't do that)... but I do have proof that it moves on its own. I had just sucked an entire bottle of Seafoam through the brake booster vacuum and moved it closer to the house so people wouldn't bitch about the smoke in the streets.

Comment

Nice!!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

It's not that cool, but it's proof that it's running. Hehehe. Runs a lot better with the thermostat and after the Seafoam treatment.

Comment

:ttiwwop:

ATT, SNIPER 308.MANG FROM THE DARK SIDE.
                            MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Comment

I was cleaning the interior before taking it to the carwash for the super strong vacuum and I found the old alarm remote. I threw away the shock sensor a long time ago, but the keyless entry still works. I'm gonna go to Wal-Mart and get a new battery for it, but at least I have keyless, again!

Comment

Working...
                                X