Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some are rebuildable with kits on summits website IIRC
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chevyguy
      All the line locks I have seen are mounted up near the master cyl. It's more prone to damage/corrosion where you mounted yours.
      I was wondering about that actually, if you're in a place that uses lots of salt on the road and you drive the car in the winter that solenoid is just gonna take unnecessary abuse.

The biggest advantage to running the line lock on the front brakes is to hold the car at the starting line at the strip. Load up the converter and push the button when the last yellow light goes on WEEEE.
      Uhm, and how is that different from locking off the rear brakes and holding the car with the left foot on the brakes while revving up the engine with the right foot on the gas? After the fun of having to stop a fully loaded 18-wheeler with the trailer brakes only I'd never even consider restricting the front brakes of any vehicle in now way.

Comment

One less thing to worry about when racing in a quick car....

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

upper riht corner, i see flaking paint(?)and underneath that tell tale bondo color, not to mention the visible seam around the area as well, patch panel?, or is it just the fact paint peeking through and a odd shaped floorpan?, cause mines all smooth
          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

looks like a heat shield
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Still not sure what you are pointing at, but there is 0 floor pan rust (except the very faint surface rust), or damage. Dirty, but not rust or repairs. The cracked looking stuff at the top is dried up dirt.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	LL2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1243519

I think he is talking about this
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

OHHHHH!! That is a giant fiberglass insulating mat. It goes from the half way up the firewall and all the way over to the passanger side as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                    I was wondering about that actually, if you're in a place that uses lots of salt on the road and you drive the car in the winter that solenoid is just gonna take unnecessary abuse.

Uhm, and how is that different from locking off the rear brakes and holding the car with the left foot on the brakes while revving up the engine with the right foot on the gas? After the fun of having to stop a fully loaded 18-wheeler with the trailer brakes only I'd never even consider restricting the front brakes of any vehicle in now way.
                    What if you have a Stick?? that may need one extra foot!!

Also in said quick auto cars often have a transbrake, load up the converter on the transbrake as some fast cars will simply not be held back by the brakes. Line lock on to keep you from rolling past the line and redlighting
                    2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                    2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Yeah, that is why one of the pros of front line blocking is the extra foot being free. Yes, once you reach a sick point, rear tires can slide the front right over the line. But that is also usually not a daily driver, so installing it on the front would not bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                        And with a competent install and quality parts a plane will almost never fail....so I guess we don't need parachutes then do we? No matter how much time and quality parts you put into something, there is always a chance it can fail.

You do realize what it would take for a good switch to spontaneously engage, right? You have better odds of winning the Miss America Pageant...... twice.

When was the last time your headlights turned on by themselves with the switch totally off while you were sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                          You do realize what it would take for a good switch to spontaneously engage, right? You have better odds of winning the Miss America Pageant...... twice.

When was the last time your headlights turned on by themselves with the switch totally off while you were sleeping?

When is the last time you got on a plain and it crashed? You are an idiot if you are going to try and argue this point with me. Everything is in perspective. Yeah, it's not likely, but neither is the plain falling out of the sky. But you still take the safety precautions just in case it does. SO, in the unlikely event the godly switch fails and shorts, I would prefer that it block of my rear instead of my front brakes.

If you even post a reply to this in which you continue to argue this, trust me when I say this. You will look the fool. There is no argument here, your stance is that because something is unlikely to happen that you should go ahead and believe that it never will....like the Twin Towers falling from plains flying into it.

Comment

You should play the lottery...

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                            X