quite possibly the dirtiest 302 evar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quite possibly the dirtiest 302 evar

working on a 302 for a nieghbors F-150 truck. The motor stopped making oil pressure (according to the gauge in the dash) despite having a new oil pump installed. upper end of the motor was very noisey too.

This is what I found when the oil motor was pulled so I could swap the manifold over on a new motor I have built. this is what happens when you dont change your oil and run the motor with out a T/stat for 6 months...........

This is all the crap I scraped out of the bottom of the intake manifold, this was just so I could get in the parts washer to clean it.

2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Sheeeit!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

OH DEAR GOD!
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

That motor sure was neglected!

I pulled the head off my wife's 150,000 aluminum block Civic and you could still see the aluminum finish, not even carmel colored! Crosshatch was clearly visible on the bores and no ridge at the top either.

Tom

Comment

Even worse was the 302 I pulled out of my old 82 F-150....makes that look like a well oiled machine. Had so much build up it sealed off 2 of the oil drain passages from the rockers to the crank/pan, and you couldn't even see the rocker bolt heads.

Comment

good lord. I was actually expecting that inside my original engine, but amazingly it was clean.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

omg time to call out the goop patrol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That's no way for an engine to go :nonono:
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

FUCK!

Comment

hope that scraps up off your driveway! totally gross!

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
                    302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
                    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
                    '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

Mine in the '82 is just as bad. I'm afraid to take off the intake, but the valve covers had so much that the rocker arms were rubbing all the sludge. Mine came from the little old lady driving down the street 1/2 mile to the store and 1/2 a mile back. The engine never got warm enough to evaporate the sweat. With 123K, it still runs quiet, has good oil pressure, and has good compression. I guess sludge is not that bad. Since it seems to be sound, that camshaft I having coming in the mail shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, I'll never run any kind of engine cleaner through it (like seafoam). I'm afraid some big hunks of that mess will clog up something important.

If it decides to die, I still have the '87 5.0, a '74 302, a '66 289, a '72 351W, or a '71 429 to choose from. Or I guess I could put that '53 Flathead I have in there .
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I'd drop that 351W in your car, Tiggie..

It has the D0 heads
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                          I'd drop that 351W in your car, Tiggie..

It has the D0 heads
                          That probably be what I'd do. It's in a '72 LTD Wagon right now.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Drop your cam in that motor, and you could probably get almost 300hp...
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                            X