No announcement yet.

HO upper intake plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how both intakes look from the under side, notice the brass plug and the vacuum T-ee on the bottom of the HO unit:
    Last edited by ; 02-05-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

very odd... I have never seen a stock upper intake like that. How is the stock, lopo manifold plumbed for the PCV?
      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Hm, well all of the stock (non-HO) uppers I'v seen are like that. Even the '86 Mark VII that I found yesterday in the junkyard had such an intake, althoight the cover plate on top of it said "5.0 HO". Vacuum ports on the stocker go like this:
        Last edited by ; 02-05-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

My stock upper had no plugs under the intake, the HO one does. I plumbed it like an HO and looped the vac line from the center of the intake, down to the T over the VC, then to the PCV. The non-HO one just runs vacuum direct from that larger port in the center of the intake to the PCV valve. You can plug the HO or just swap the T and the pipe plug and re-route the vac line. It makes no real difference.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It must be a Lincoln thing then. Every 5.0L CV/GM, Mustang and T-bird I have worked on has had the same fittings.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Well, I'm pretty positive the Crown Vickys and MGMs get the same "smooth" intake, but I'll check next time I go to the junkyard. For now, here's how it turned out in my car:

Nothing fancy, but it works, and makes some difference in performance I think.

Comment

interesting... what throttle cable and TV cable did you use ?

Comment

The EGR spacer, the throttle body, and the three cables with the mounting bracket are all off a junkyard Mark VII.

Comment

Whats with the end on the TV cable?
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

About the TV cable - I don't like or trust the plastic thingie, this setup is much strogner and reliable (look in the tranny info sticky topic). Adjusting it is a bitch, but once done it ain't gonna go anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X