{CARB-SWAP}2 BBL carb help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{CARB-SWAP}2 BBL carb help!

Hey everybody! I just bought a 2BBL motorcraft 2150 carb from a wrecking yard, and would like some info on it. I have only worked on Stromburg carbs, so this is new shit to me.

The thing next to the acc. pump? I know it is called a Temperature Compensation pump, but does it hook to vacuum, or what?

The doohicky next to that mixture screw is the enrichement valve I assume? Does it hook to a vaccum source?

This large hole in teh throttle body, what is it for? there is nothing broken off inside it, but I know if I leave it open, it will suck vacuum. Is if for an EGR system?

This carb BTW came from a 1984 F150 with AOD. I still need to rebuild it and clean it up, but it wasn't a bad price for $120.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

the large hole in the base is for the pcv valve line
    the second thing might be the fitting for the heat riser of the choke
    the first thing? it will run without it lol
    they are going to want the numbers off of the tag attached to the carb body
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks Scott, your the man!
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X