No announcement yet.

521 Stroker Motor for the Fairlane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes they are But isint the 2 door lighter than the fairlaine? thats what I was goin for but with a engine that big it wont exactly matter I guess
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by mercenvy
      One of the nicest BBF buildups I have seen. Thanks for sharing that, that is some impressive shit.

You wouldn't mind sharing what color/brand that cool "cast iron-looking" paint was, would you?

Thanks.
      -mercenvy
      Thank you mercenvy and all the nice Mangs that posted. I'll take a picture of the spray can when I go over my Dad's after work today. I didn't mess around with it the past two days, so I'm going to get that intake on this afternoon. I'm going to start pulling parts out of the Fairlane, so I can pull the 472 out. Once I get all that out, I'm going to paint the engine compartment and make it look purdy. I won't have the new engine in for at least another month, because I used up my flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate money while out of work the past two months after surgery. I already have enought OT lined up to get it by the end of the month. I spent alot of money on this engine, but it's all been OT and Bonus money from work.
      1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL - 521 Stroker/4-speed
      1997 Ford F250XLT Heavy Duty - 460/E4OD
      2008 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Comment

I should make good progress this weekend, since I'll be off Sat and Sun. I made $1800 in OT the past 3 days, so I'll have my clutch by the end of the month for sure (OT is paid two weeks after making it ). I worked and slept the last few days, so no time to head over Dad's house. I'll post some pics by Sunday night, with a gutted Fairlane engine bay. :evil: :hacksaw: :cutit: :welder:

Comment

So what do you do for a living? Sounds like you kind of enjoy it, and that you get paid well.

Comment

love that motor

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
              So what do you do for a living? Sounds like you kind of enjoy it, and that you get paid well.
              I work for Shell Oil Company as an Operations Coordinator, and I run a crew of 5 Operators. I love my job, could work there any amount of hours, and never get tired of the work or job mentally, just physically. I am Blessed with the job I have, and couldn't picture myself doing anything else. To put it in a nut Shell (so to speak) , we blend gasoline, prep Jet A fuel for airports, diesel fuel for cars-trucks-homes, and we are the largest hub on the East Coast for Ethanol. This stuff comes in on railcars, barges, and ships. We also have pipelines that come in and out of the Plant, and there's never a dull moment. It's a very dangerous job, but the pay is great, and I can pretty much write my own check. This year will be one of my best, and I was out for two months after surgery. I just worked my last three days off, and made 40 hours in OT. Life is good.

Comment

Now I see, we have all been funding this 512 stroker every time we go to the pump :p

That's cool man, I hope I can find a job in my career that I enjoy so much.

And 260,000 miles, you are the closest on here to my mileage. (that has the car currently and driving)
                Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 08-12-2006, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                  And 260,000 miles, you are the closest on here to my mileage. (that has the car currently and driving)
                  And close also at 252,000+...
                  My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

I'm not upper management, so I only get a nibble here and there.

Between yesterday and today, I finally pulled the engine out of the Fairlane, to make way for the 521/4-speed. I'll probably have it in, by the middle of September, when I take some vacation time. In the meantime, I'll be cleaning up the engine compartment and re-wiring my "nest".
                    Here's some pics.....

I forgot to plug the speedometer gear hole. I was going to drain it out first, but I didn't have anymore room in the used oil 5 gallon jug I have.

Here's a future Drag Racer....my little nephew. He can turn some wrenches too.

I won't be doing anything for the next two weeks, because I won't have any days off from work, and I'll be working long hours. Stay tuned.......

Comment

Not much going on the past few weeks, because I've only had two full days off from work to do anything.

Those two days looked like this....

I spent alot of time with the plasma cutter and MIG welder. I only did the one shock tower after two days. I made a big boo boo, so it took me awhile to figure out how I was going to fix it. Thank goodness for MIG welders; they cover a multitude of sins. I just have to smooth out the edges, and that side will be done. The other side should go alot smoother, since I made all my mistakes on the passenger side. I shot some paint on it, because I won't get to it now for another week. On a good note, I ordered the rest of my parts including the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, shifter, and a bunch of other misc. stuff. Stayed tuned for the week of Sept 25th, because I took a week of vacation to finish it up and fire up the engine and burn some tires.

Comment

I noticed the handywork on CVU. nice work on the coverup as well. I know how that shit goes lol.

Comment

Thanks Blaze.

Comment

That's the great thing about welding, cut too much, and you can actually FIX IT!!, not like wood....too much and it's waisted...

Comment

Okay, here's some pics from today. Man, I'm shot right now, drinking at 11pm on....................... I'm on vacation for awhile.

This is my clutch setup for now....fine tuning it.........

I'll have this fine tuned tomorrow.....

Comment

that's friggin sweet pat!
                                youre off for a while? come visit scott's automotive sometime!
                                scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X