Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Doors

Hey guys...

I finally replaced the doors on my GM everything went ok I guess the wiring was a bit of a bitch but other than that it went great.......... That is untill I took the plastic trim off the centre of the doors there was a bit of surface rust on the drivers side doors not a problem!!! that can be fixed but the rear passenger door there was a crack in it upon closer inspection I found out that it had a quater inch of bondo on it not to mention the rust that was under the bondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well needless to say im looking for a new door as soon as I do im going to get the car painted so its all one colour The sway bar and new gas tank are going on this week I allso took everyones advice and pulled the smog pump and A/C off the car and i find it does run better without it I was woundering when i get the dual exhaust done what size pipe is best to run with the stock dual cats???? The reason im writing this is that if you have replace your doors make sure you have MINT DOORS before you go threw all the work I did I could have saved my self alot of work !
    THANX for listening Pork Chop

2" exhaust would be optimal for dual exhaust in your case.

But if you can, cut those cats off :hacksaw: :sawztom:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I run 2.5" duals on my stang. So I dont see why you shouldnt run 2.5" pipes on your car. it'd leave you some exhaust leway too in case you ever run a power adder or start making some more power. Anything over 2.5" pipes would probably be overkill unless you plan on running more than 450hp.
      1988 Ford Mustang coupe: 4cyl conversion, 5spd, 600cfm holley, roller rockers, headers, 2.5\" mac exhaust, alum. driveshaft, HD clutch, poor mans posi, blah blah blah.....

1993 Sable: Ultra Beater

Comment

Working...
      X