Well that was easy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was easy....

Lately I have been having problems with my car's fuel line clogging up and causing the car to stall out. So today I dropped the tank and put a screen on the pickup to stop that from happening. Turns out there was a glob of silicone in my tank and fuel line that kept plugging it up. I blew out my lines and did a better job of routing them.

I feel so relieved knowing my car wont stall out on me now!!!! :slug:

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Yeah, keep that shit outta there, people like to not get new seals when they pull the float assembly and just reseal it with like RTV, that shit breaks down and goes to the bottom of the tank :nonono:
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

A glob of silicone eh? Scott and I found one of those in the tank on the Superlinc when we did the fuel pump.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did your Wide Open Throttle issue go away when you removed the blob of silicone from the fuel line?

Comment

Wide open was fixed a while back...turns out the float adjuster on the secondary bowls wasnt grabbing the nut so I couldnt raise the level. I took that carb apart and fixed it and she runs real good on the top end now. I run and edelbrock 600 now (courtesy of 85crownhpp)The only problem I have now is that it bogs and stumbles or stalls when I try to launch or give it heavy gas from a stop. I'm going to Thompson drag strip with a few buddies saturday hopefully, and I'll try to get it fixed there. I think its either my accelerator pump, or the timing. I got a timing light like the one you had used when you came out and helped me get it running. So hopefully I can hammer out that issue.
          Last edited by Mercmarquis; 05-03-2006, 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

The bogging is also probably due to the fact that I run 2.73 gears and my car weighs almost 2 tons too.

Comment

Working...
            X