Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '86 LTD Wagon...**DUW** Updated! (5-14-06)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '86 LTD Wagon...**DUW** Updated! (5-14-06)

Well, here's a lil' background and a bunch of pics...

When I lived in Bloomsburg, I used to drive by this car every once in awhile. Always checkin' it out cuz I wanted it bad. Fast forward about 3-4 years...driving to work one day, I see it FINALLY has a for sale sign in it! So I go home, tell dad about it. Next day I'm at work he stops in, says he talked to the ladys son about it. They were asking $500, but some dude had called and offered $200. He had to wait on his "government check" to come tho. Well, the dude was nice enough to say first with the $200 could have it.. since he was going to call the junk man to come and get in a couple weeks!

So, I finally got this wagon I always wanted. Plain jane, no frills, stripped down base model. So far the only options I've found on it was the tripminder and it had cruise control at one point but the wheel was replaced with a non cruise. Maybe it had cruise, maybe it didn't, but the servo was there...gone now..haha. Also gone is the passenger door mirror, which was added on by someone else over the years. The roof rack was also an add-on, and also coming off.

I threw the Cragar S/S's off my 2 door on it, 14x7s with reverse offset rears. Cleaned it up and drove it awhile. Right now I'm in the process of a '79-'81 conversion. I've got the grille on it, clears on the way. I have FORD letters for the tailgate. I've also got an older gear indicator to throw in it (PRNoD31). Pretty much all I need is an older speedo, which I passed up once, and an older steering wheel. I might not go that far, I dunno yet. Other future mods will probably be an HO swap, wide ratio trans, 3.55 gears, dual exhaust with an H-pipe, etc.

On to the pictures, starting with the night I got it until today:

Removing the tripminder and installing clock delete plate from an '89 Crown Vic P72:

Installing pedal trim from an '80 Mark VI:

As you can see, the brake pedal is the only piece that's different. The trim won't go on the current pedal, I have to get that yet.

"New" grille shined up and installed:

Cleaned up for the Williamsport meet:

Now, some brand new pictures I took today:

Fancy shots

This pic I took to show that it never came with a hood ornament:

Dash is all put back together, I like it without the tripminder...those things are ugly:

I was going to install an analog clock, if the tripminder wasn't factory, but it was and the plugs are different.

Mileage, add a 1 onto the front of that:

New antenna:

This console was in my '79 Town Car, I really like it. It works out good in these cars:

:p

Hope you like! More pics will come with more upgrades. Sometime soon, I am going to do a full tune up and install some new VC gaskets, etc.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Looks really good. I have always liked that sucker. That grey just sets it off.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

good deal mang
      jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

nice.....hey buddy how bout switchin to lager......that pbr is nasty shit

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Goddamnit, you people with older boxes make me jealous.

Looks good mang!
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
            nice.....hey buddy how bout switchin to lager......that pbr is nasty shit
            +1 , lol..

A can of PBR, I think you did that on purpose!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I was drinkin' n drivin thru teh yard. :p
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Nice mang, real nice...

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent Texas and live in Hell."
                -Gen. Philip Henry Sheridan

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

UPDATE!

I hand washed it today, and modifyed the roof rack. So, I took more pictures!

Check out this roof rack now...it was kinda silly with the woodgrain decal, since there is none on the rest of the outside!

Mmm...shiney...

Teh cave..

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

That diamond plate decal looks good! Digging in mang. :coolshades:
                      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

heck yes I like the diamond plate on the roof rack.
                        thats freakin cool! and makes me want to install the diamond plate mud flaps. hhmmm....
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

!Aaaahhhhhhhh shiiiiit! most of the pics don't come up fucking white boxes with an red X I HATE'EM.

ATT, SNIPER 308.THE "REAL" DARK LORD OF THE DARK SIDE.
                          MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

They all work. It's just that your connection doesn't wanna load them all. Right click and select "Show Picture".
                            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

That diamond plate looks pretty good on there. The dog is looking at you like wtf?
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X