No announcement yet.

dead car, fire, bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like its time to ditch all that garbage and convert to carb!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Right... 'cause problems with a BRAKING SYSTEM are directly related to the fuel management system!
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

They are if the fire from the BRAKING system catches wires from the FUEL system on fire.

Dick.

Comment

Make this a lesson Tom, never drive a car with a locked up caliper

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

yep, brakes get very hot when the 4000 pound + car is shoving forward against them....lol, shit happens
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
              Make this a lesson Tom, never drive a car with a locked up caliper
              Yup.

Comment

That shit happened to me as well. I need a new dust shield for the vic.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

One of the calipers was frozen on my Lincoln when I got it too. The backing plate (plastic!!) was melted. Didn't catch anything on fire but it sure fucked that backing plate up good.;
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh I had a nice burning caliper tonite, right after I completed buying the 'new' Box. At first I thought sterring was woblly, then I felt brakes were stuck. Pulled over and smoke, then samll fire, but it went out, phew!

Going to get front end overhauled.
                    Former Box wagon tinkerer, had 3 GM CP's

Comment

Flaming fords Run away!!!!

Never had a caliper freese on me, and I have had some real shitboxes over the years!!
                      2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                      2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Where's the pics?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

didnt get to take any burnt shit pics, camera was dead, next weekend when i pull the wheels off for the front end lube and to lube up the other caliper ill take pics of everything new, lol, oh, and that plastic backin plate?, yeah, not there anymore, its a melted goo on my driveway
                          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Buy Lithium batteries. They cost more, but they last longer.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                            5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X