Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The REAL scoop on the GT handling and performance package...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The REAL scoop on the GT handling and performance package...

Ok, here's what it consists of... MY car handles VERY firm, and has little to no body roll, and corners something fierce. Outhandles a good amount of crap, but ive never been on the skidpad. The thing doesnt break loose on the turns! Great setup for all you "Spirited" Drivers! Also, all of these components set me back less than 500 bucks, but I installed all myself...

KYB GR-2 Shocks, all the way around
    Yokohama Avid S/T Radials, 235/60R15 front, 275/60R15 Rear
    US Wheel Series 84 Black, 15X7 front, 15X8 rear
    ENS Poly bushings and endlinks
    1 1/8" Front Bar
    1" PI Rear Bar
    HD Cargo Coils, from an '84 Colony park (make sure to get the heavy duty ones, VERY STIFF, but makes so you do not need the air shocks to keep the ass at a nice rake!)
    And Coming soon, Ill have 351HD front coils...

As for performance, thats ALSO coming soon...my car is slow! :nonono:
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Nice. I want to get Edelbrock IAS shocks and the cop springs. Hopefully will get 17 or 18" wheels sometime in the next few years. lol. And I would like to rebuild the suspension soon.

Comment

You still want a freaking award don't you? hehehe...
      | ~ |
      2004 LX Sport-------------------------1989 LX 5.0

Comment

my setup is going to very similar. i already have the big sway bar in front. tom will be sending me the rear pi bar. i'm gonna use ford pi shocks all around and i'm gonna pull the back springs from the merk(my uncle put in hd squire springs)
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

ooo yah.

people are suprised to find out our cars can be made to handle pretty damn well.

I do pretty good with just beefy bars and stiffer rear springs... I was to get some better shocks soon though
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

would be interesting to see skidpad results from a stock cv/gm and one of ours thats been modified.

i think motor trend in 89 did a comparo between a crapice and a vic. if i find it, i'll try to scan the pages. all i remember from the article was that the vic was faster(emphasis on faster) but the reviewer thought the chevy was the more comfier. ya can't argue with performance numbers, but comfort is up to the buyer. i've ridden in crapieces and the vic is definitely more comfy. one of my friends who for years was a diehard chevy fan(still is to an extent) even commented that my vic was more comfortable than his crapiece,lol. shifty may not convert him entirely but he already said if he had to buy one or the other he'd get a panther
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Thats the thing, GMGT is pretty firm, and alittle rough sometimes...

I always make jokes about how it rides like a lumber wagon, lol

Comment

the lss is pure perfection lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well scott, you were the one who told me bout KYB shocks...

Comment

:bump:

Anyone else done this?

Comment

me!!!!
                      sorta... you have better shocks. i like the old geezer shocks with stiff springs... its like a happy meduim. :broccoli:
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have almost the same thing...'cept the 1/8" smaller front bar and 225/70-15 up front to get rid of the redneck tire rake :P

The wheels situation is going to be better with the addition of 99 cobra wheels in a few weeks anyways, so its a moot point

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

i have just about the same rear pi bar 1" front bar from a wagon 1 3/16, ens bushings and endlinks, air shocks for teh back with new wagon springs,gas ryders up front , also maraduer wheels goin on soon with the bfgoodrich tires 235 50 18 in front 245 55 18 in the back..
                          The Best
                          Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Very nice!

Sounds like someone did their homework

Comment

I just installed the 1 3/16 hollow front sway bar with ens poly bushings and endlinks... I have been taking off ramps at like 65 to 70 mph. I didnt think it would make that much of a difference but hell yeah it does.. Any one who havent done it yet need to ASAP... You will enjoy the improvement.. Get the front bar from a wagon...
                              The Best
                              Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Working...
                              X