Upper intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beep_beep
    so is there any way to run the H.O. upper intake with the stock mustang TB and stuf on it? why cant you use the mustang EGR? sorry i never done this before as you can tell lol.
    Yes, that's exactly what I have in my Townie - you only need the cables from a Mark VII as they are much longer than the ones in your CV and they can therefore be looped around so as to come from the front of the engine - go to my SuperMotors site, there is a section about all that stuff there, with pics and everything. In case you decide to go the stock way I have a good-condition 50mm throttle body and EGR spacer I don't need, they can be yours for the cost of shipping only.

Comment

anywhere i could get a 5.0 GT40 new?
      Just get an Explorer intake. They are almost free compared to a new Cobra or GT-40 intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
        Just get an Explorer intake. They are almost free compared to a new Cobra or GT-40 intake.
        yeah right do you know how hard it is to find a Explorer intake, and for cheap

Comment

A lot easier than finding a NEW or even used tubular GT40 intake. Check Ebay for the Explorer intake, it's usually labeled as a GT40 intake even though it's an Explorer.

Comment

yeah right do you know how hard it is to find a Explorer intake, and for cheap

Let me give you a clue......

I have bought and sold a pile of these cheap intakes over the past 7 years. I have never paid more than $200 for a complete intake. Get off your butt and do a search. Check out the Mustang boards.
            Here is an upper for $119 and a lower for $90::

Quit whining and buy this upper

Quit whining and buy this lower

$210 for a complete intake.......... your search can be over right now....

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
              I have bought and sold a pile of these cheap intakes over the past 7 years. I have never paid more than $200 for a complete intake. Get off your butt and do a search. Check out the Mustang boards.
              Here is an upper for $119 and a lower for $90::
              yeah $200 aint cheap ... you know
              and the people on the mustang sites know how much they are worth or are trying to make an insane profit

Comment

$200 IS cheap compared to $500-600 for new.
                Intakes don't go bad unless they're rolled over or cracked. I've only seen one bad intake and it was the plastic POS on a 4.6.
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

and the people on the mustang sites know how much they are worth or are trying to make an insane profit
                  I paid $240 for my Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake for my 351
                  http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                  http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

If $200 isn't cheap to you for an EFI intake, then you chose the wrong hobby.
                    Explorer intakes can be found for $200-250 on the Mustang sites.

Comment

Unfortunately, I agree.

Gotta pay to play. Of course, being a junk collector doesn't hurt
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                      X